Casa De Las Campanas is in the densely populated metropolitan area of San Diego, California with a population of 1,241,364 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the most elite facilities we found. This nursing home received one of the highest scores we offer. We were not surprised to discover that this is actually one of the five best facilities in San Diego. This place also received consistently good scores in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Casa De Las Campanas
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ for nursing. We looked at the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses spent with residents, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is just about as elite as it gets in this category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is generally a fair assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Casa De Las Campanas?
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, this facility was awarded a high-end long-term care score. We gave it a grade of B+ in this category, wrapping up one of our more impressive report cards. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.13793 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Casa De Las Campanas Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Casa De Las Campanas, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Casa De Las Campanas, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Casa De Las Campanas, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Casa De Las Campanas, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Casa De Las Campanas, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Casa De Las Campanas, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Casa De Las Campanas, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Casa De Las Campanas, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Casa De Las Campanas, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Casa De Las Campanas, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Casa De Las Campanas, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Casa De Las Campanas, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Casa De Las Campanas, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for San Diego, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Diego, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 14.07 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Tri-City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.69 miles away4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 724-8411
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.75 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 17.78 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.92 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Fmc-Rancho2.85 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700
- Davita-Escondido Dialysis4.9 miles away203 E. Second Avenue Escondido California 92025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (760) 743-4401
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center6.16 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170
- Davita-Carmel Mountain Dialysis6.59 miles away9850 Carmel Mountain Road, a-D San Diego California 92129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 538-1083
- Home Dialysis Therapies of San Diego-North7.75 miles away10672 Wexford Street, Suite 250 San Diego California 92131Dialysis Stations: 1 (858) 549-3400
- Sanderling Dialysis of Ramona11.12 miles away2102 Main Street Ramona California 92065Dialysis Stations: 12 (844) 375-7365
- Fmc-La Jolla11.83 miles away4765 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 100 San Diego California 92130Dialysis Stations: 24 (858) 793-0058
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis12.08 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323