Carrollwood Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. Featuring an overall score of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. In our grading scheme, this is one of the bottom three facilities in Tampa based on the data we assessed. With so many other nursing homes in the city, you should be able to do better. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss long-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Carrollwood Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Carrollwood Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Tampa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We really were not high on this nursing home's overall grades or its category grades. We gave it a D for long-term care and that proved to be its highest score. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an D. We assessed the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Carrollwood Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of short-term care, this facility was given just a D in that area. In our short-term care score, we attempt to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Given its score in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this place was well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the data we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected to find. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.9 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below the national average.
Moving on our final category of inspections, this facility received a grade that's as bad as it gets. When a place has this poor of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This facility was hit with a deficiency on its inspection report. Fortunately, it wasn't in one of the categories that suggest that it caused a threat to resident safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carrollwood Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carrollwood Care Center, 12.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carrollwood Care Center, 2.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced falls leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carrollwood Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carrollwood Care Center, 9.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carrollwood Care Center, 35.19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carrollwood Care Center, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carrollwood Care Center, 97.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carrollwood Care Center, 5.75% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carrollwood Care Center, 4.49% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Carrollwood Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carrollwood Care Center, 4.49% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carrollwood Care Center, 11.11% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carrollwood Care Center, 90.88% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 5.47 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 13.77 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Carrollwood Dialysis2.1 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis2.72 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center2.93 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Fresenius Kidney Care Town and Country6.34 miles away5951 Webb Road Tampa Florida 33615Dialysis Stations: 14 (813) 243-6130
- West Tampa Dialysis7.11 miles away4515 George Rd Suite 300 Tampa Florida 33634Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 884-4008
- Dsi - Tampa Central7.52 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100
- Tampa Bay Dialysis7.96 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023
- Central Tampa Dialysis7.96 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202