Carrollwood Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. While there isn't anything wrong with a B-, it is worth noting that Tampa received a city grade of B+ so there are some good options in this city. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Carrollwood Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility really excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This facility's second best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a low total compared with most other facilities. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. Although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed well in this subcategory. This is generally an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Carrollwood Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area was long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B-. Our long-term care ratings are more important for patients needing more conventional services associated with activities of daily living. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinated 99.380806 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is short-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. This is a decent grade in this category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carrollwood Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carrollwood Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carrollwood Care Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carrollwood Care Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents that experienced urinary tract infections. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carrollwood Care Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carrollwood Care Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carrollwood Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carrollwood Care Center, 94.61% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carrollwood Care Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carrollwood Care Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Carrollwood Care Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carrollwood Care Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carrollwood Care Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carrollwood Care Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 5.47 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.29 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 13.77 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Carrollwood Dialysis2.1 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis2.72 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center2.93 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Fresenius Kidney Care Town and Country6.34 miles away5951 Webb Road Tampa Florida 33615Dialysis Stations: 14 (813) 243-6130
- West Tampa Dialysis7.11 miles away4515 George Rd Suite 300 Tampa Florida 33634Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 884-4008
- Dsi - Tampa Central7.52 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100
- Tampa Bay Dialysis7.96 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023
- Central Tampa Dialysis7.96 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202