Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Carrollton, Texas. This is a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our ratings, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this nursing home's profile was is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Carrollton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's overall score was bolstered by the fact that it has earned favorable government inspections in recent years. We awarded it a strong score in that category, with a B+. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category grades came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's third highest category is short-term care. However, with a D in this category, it still performed relatively poorly. In our short-term care grade, we try to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this facility provides far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. Finally, we considered the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Moving on to our next area, we gave this nursing home a D for the area of nursing. This was the facility's least impressive category score. The nursing score assesses several subcategories, but the most important one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that had falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who had urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 4.84% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carrollton Health and Rehabilitation Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- First Texas Hospital Carrollton LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.54 miles away1401 E Trinity Mills Road Carrollton Texas 75006Proprietary(972) 810-0700
- Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away7 Medical Parkway Dallas Texas 75234Proprietary(972) 247-1000
- Baylor Surgical Hospital at Las ColinasAcute Care Hospitals 3.95 miles away400 West Interstate 635 Suite 101 Irving Texas 75063Proprietary(972) 868-4000
- Medical City Las ColinasAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away6800 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75039Proprietary(972) 969-2000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Pine Creek Medical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away9032 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Proprietary(214) 231-2273
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Carrolton Regional Dialysis Center0.73 miles away1128 North I-35 East Carrollton Texas 75006Dialysis Stations: 27 (972) 242-7648
- Carrollton Dialysis1.48 miles away1544 Valwood Parkway Suite 114 Carrollton Texas 75006Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 243-7001
- Farmers Branch Dialysis Center1.99 miles away2280 Springlake Road Suite 110 Dallas Texas 75234CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 488-1191
- Davita Preston Dialysis5.74 miles away13340 Preston Rd Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 980-4361
- Renal Center of North Dallas, LLC5.97 miles away6190 Lbj Freeway Building 2 Suite 701 Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 789-0192
- Renal Center of Carrollton6.03 miles away4240 International Parkway Suite 158 Carrollton Texas 75007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 306-8410
- Renal Center of Lewisville6.82 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville7.29 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424