Carrington Place of St Pete is a nursing home in Saint Petersburg, Florida which has a total of 341,043 people. We gave this nursing home an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. Based on our ratings, this facility likely isn't a fit for any prospective resident. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Carrington Place of St Pete
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Carrington Place of St Pete has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Saint Petersburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
This nursing home really excelled in our nursing category, where it received a grade of B-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating is largely associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a low total compared with most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Carrington Place of St Pete?
Long-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to find that this facility earned a reasonably solid long-term care score this year. We gave it a B- in that area. In our long-term care grade, we analyze the amount of care offered by a facility, along with some quality statistics. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We discovered that this nursing home administered the vaccine to a relatively low 84.87654 percent of its patients, which is somewhat concerning. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this facility didn't perform very well here either. With a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics sunk this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carrington Place of St Pete Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 4.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who sustained falls leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 0.68% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 7.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 30.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 85.05% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 12.14% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 9.44% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 9.44% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 15.07% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carrington Place of St Pete, 83.39% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 15 other nursing homes
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 7.09 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.91 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Fmc - Pinellas Park3.18 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- H Street North - St Petersburg6.07 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- St Petersburg Dialysis6.55 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- St Petersburg Kidney Care6.8 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis7.08 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- St Petersburg South Dialysis7.19 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Rai Care Centers - Largo7.31 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg7.37 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500