Located in Plano, Texas, Carrara is one of five nursing homes in the city. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some solid marks. You can definitely do worse than this place. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Plano senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent health inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's long-term care rating is one of its higher scores. The facility was given a grade of B- in this category. Long-term care ratings are critical for prospective residents needing non-healthcare services such as personal care. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very solid percentage. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Carrara?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category was its short-term care score, where it was awarded a B-. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. We weren't able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
This facility's weakest area is nursing, which is the final category we scored. For this category, we awarded this facility a grade of just D. Our nursing grade features a variety of data points. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carrara Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carrara, 7.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carrara, 7.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that have experienced a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carrara, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carrara, 12.57% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carrara, 19.08% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carrara, 3.77% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carrara, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carrara, 24.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carrara, 18.18% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carrara, 18.18% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carrara, 67.83% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 0.34 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 0.38 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 1.2 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 4.66 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Fmc of West Plano0.14 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Plano on Custer Dialysis2.91 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC3.09 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Davita West Plano Dialysis3.51 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Renal Center of Carrollton3.72 miles away4240 International Parkway Suite 158 Carrollton Texas 75007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 306-8410
- Athios Dialysis, LLC4.03 miles away6101 Windhaven Pkwy Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 473-7891
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson4.77 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Collin County Dialysis Center5.02 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447