Carondelet Village Care Center is in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The city offers several available nursing homes. This facility received an excellent grade of A- overall. This is even higher than the city grade of A- in Saint Paul, which is also well above average. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this nursing home. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Carondelet Village Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Saint Paul senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility received high marks in the area of short-term care as well. It received our highest grade in that category with a score of A+. Our short-term care grade is generally used to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A. The nursing grade consists of several subcategories, but the most important one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Carondelet Village Care Center?
Racking up another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. We weren't able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without all of the deficiency related data for this nursing home, it was difficult to fully evaluate the place in the area of inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is nursing, is this nursing home's least impressive area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. This is one of the couple of dings of an otherwise strong profile. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 93.1677 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is somewhat below what we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carondelet Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 7.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 3.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 1.25% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which had UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 21.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 13.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 5.76% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 90% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 11.76% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 16.18% of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 0.9 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 16.18% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 63.3% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 13 other nursing homes
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.54 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 4.68 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.31 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.05 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita1.8 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul2.07 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.51 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis4.03 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Capitol Home Program of Davita - Hemo Unit4.22 miles away555 Park Street Suite 210, Hemo Unit Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 4 (651) 221-0896
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita4.22 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita4.22 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.4.75 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946