Carondelet Village Care Center is in Saint Paul, Minnesota, which has quite a few nursing homes. This facility was given a very strong overall grade of A-, resulting in it being one of the twenty best facilities in Saint Paul. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong with this nursing home. The best part of this facility's strong profile is its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Carondelet Village Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
525 Fairview Avenue South,
Saint Paul MN 55116
98.22% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Short-term care grades are important for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Without having access to deficiency data for this nursing home, it was a challenge to fully assess the place in terms of this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Carondelet Village Care Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our nursing rating considers numerous subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a decent grade of B-. This actually is this nursing home's least impressive category. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 95.27027 percent of its patients, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carondelet Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients who have had urinary tract infections. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 4.58% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 93.31% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carondelet Village Care Center, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.46 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.54 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 4.68 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.31 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.05 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita1.8 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul2.07 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.51 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis4.03 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Capitol Home Program of Davita - Hemo Unit4.22 miles away555 Park Street Suite 210, Hemo Unit Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 4 (651) 221-0896
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita4.22 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita4.22 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.4.75 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946