Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet turns out to be one of many nursing home options to choose from in Kansas City, Missouri. This nursing home received an overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. In our view, we'd be very reluctant to recommend this nursing home. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection score. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Kansas City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't give this facility a good overall score, we actually gave it a relatively strong grade in the category of inspections, where it earned a B+. Our inspection ratings are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our short-term care category. This is one of our better scores. Our short-term care ratings are important for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet?
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. In determining our nursing ratings, we weigh both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care. We gave it a lowly F for this category, which is an abysmal score. Long-term care ratings in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 86.798676 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 5.4% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 86.07% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ignite Medical Resort Carondelet, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 18 other nursing homes
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis0.1 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph0.2 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Timberlake Dialysis1.94 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Nall Dialysis3.32 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood3.64 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Swope Parkway3.71 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Baptist3.71 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Concerto Kansas, LLC4.94 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063