Carondelet Manor is in Kansas City, Missouri, which turns out to have more than 20 nursing homes. This nursing home turns out to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of C. This place seems to have a few things working in its favor. The best part of this nursing home's report card is is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home really outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that area with an A-. Our inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area was long-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is basically a slightly below average score in this area. Long-term care grades are often used to assess a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 96.8421 percent of its residents. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Carondelet Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a C in this category. Our short-term care ratings are vital for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
The final category we looked at was nursing. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this category. The nursing score analyzes quite a few components, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carondelet Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carondelet Manor, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carondelet Manor, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carondelet Manor, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carondelet Manor, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carondelet Manor, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carondelet Manor, 4.11% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carondelet Manor, 88.89% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carondelet Manor, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carondelet Manor, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Carondelet Manor, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carondelet Manor, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carondelet Manor, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carondelet Manor, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis0.1 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph0.2 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Timberlake Dialysis1.94 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Nall Dialysis3.32 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood3.64 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Swope Parkway3.71 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Baptist3.71 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Concerto Kansas, LLC4.94 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063