Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation is in Penns Grove, New Jersey, a city with a total of 13,076 people. This is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. At the end of the day, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. This place is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
201 Fifth Avenue,
Penns Grove NJ 08069
58.07% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall performance, we gave this place an A for the area of inspections. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this nursing home also earned a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing rating is based on several subcategories, however, the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Our final area is short-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a grade of B- in that category. Our short-term care grades are important for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 5.95% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.32 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 10.64 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 11.4 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 16.8 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.39 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.91 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Us Renal Care Penns Grove2.86 miles away1 Collins Dr Suite 105 Penns Grove New Jersey 08069Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 221-8131
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington3.28 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park3.61 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine4.39 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington4.57 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center5.21 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington6.46 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc7.17 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130