Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation is in Penns Grove, New Jersey, a city with a total of 13,076 people. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the best grades we offer. We ranked this facility in the 100 best nursing homes in New Jersey, which is a distinguished list. Headlining this facility's exemplary report card is its long-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Penns Grove senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This nursing home has received near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an A in this area. Inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's inspections. Facilities that score well in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. We scrutinized the skill-level of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored ended up being this nursing home's weakest category. However, even its worst category would likely be a highlight for many facilities. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B for our short-term care category. In computing these short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients that had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 6.37% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 89.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carneys Point Care Center Nursing & Rehabilitation, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.32 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 10.64 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 11.4 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 16.8 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.39 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.91 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Us Renal Care Penns Grove2.86 miles away1 Collins Dr Suite 105 Penns Grove New Jersey 08069Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 221-8131
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington3.28 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park3.61 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine4.39 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington4.57 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center5.21 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington6.46 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc7.17 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130