Carnegie Village Senior Living Community is in Belton, Missouri. This city has a population of 27,260 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a solid grade. Based on our assessment, this nursing home looks like a good fit for quite a few people. Finally, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so we'll have to see if that has any effect on its grades in the coming year.
Carnegie Village Senior Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
105 Bernard Drive,
Belton MO 64012
102.43% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Carnegie Village Senior Living Community has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Belton, Missouri Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Belton, Missouri Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Belton, Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility really excelled in our short-term care category, with an impressive grade of A in this category. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is often a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation. We were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing category analyzes a handful of datapoints, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Missouri in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Carnegie Village Senior Living Community?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of B-. In calculating these long-term care ratings, we look at the facility's personal care services. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinates 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the final category we assessed, this facility received a decent grade in the area of inspections as well. We gave it a score of B- for that category. This nursing home didn't have any major weak links. We believe that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carnegie Village Senior Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who had a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who have had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 4.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carnegie Village Senior Living Community, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Cass Regional Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 13.05 miles away2800 E Rock Haven Road Harrisonville Missouri 64701Government - Local(816) 380-5888
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.47 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Belton0.94 miles away17045 S 71 Hwy Belton Missouri 64012Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 322-4034
- Grandview Dialysis4.19 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Timberlake Dialysis7.43 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827
- Nall Dialysis9.23 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis9.43 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph9.47 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit9.79 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood10.18 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341