Carlyle Place is a small non-profit nursing home located in Macon, Georgia. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is one of the top facilities we found. Even in a city offering 12 other nursing homes, this nursing home stood out. Headlining this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Macon, Georgia Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place ended up being a great nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is as good as it gets in this critical category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Nursing scores are largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Carlyle Place?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next category, this top notch facility also excelled in the category of long-term care. In this category, it received a A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this category. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 92.94118 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, this nursing home was awarded a strong short-term care score. We gave it an A in this area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. In forming our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carlyle Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carlyle Place, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carlyle Place, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carlyle Place, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carlyle Place, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carlyle Place, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carlyle Place, 5.28% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carlyle Place, 93.36% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carlyle Place, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some experts argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carlyle Place, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carlyle Place, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carlyle Place, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Macon, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Macon, Georgia has 11 other nursing homes
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Monroe County HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.79 miles away88 Martin Luther King Jr Drive Forsyth Georgia 31029Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 994-2521
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 18.89 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Macon Southside Dialysis Center, LLC5.29 miles away2101-2121 Eisenhower Parkway Suite 2117 Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 744-9551
- Georgia Kidney Institute, LLC6.07 miles away1625 Hardeman Avenue Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 11 (478) 257-5200
- Macon Eastside Dialysis Center6.79 miles away640 North Avenue Suite H Macon Georgia 31211Dialysis Stations: 16 (478) 621-0542
- Dsi Macon Pine Street Dialysis6.81 miles away745 Pine Street Macon Georgia 31210Dialysis Stations: 18 (478) 742-5138
- Dsi Macon Hemlock Dialysis6.9 miles away657 Hemlock St Ste 100 Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 22 (478) 742-8001
- Davita Dialysis of Middle Georgia Inc.6.93 miles away747 Second Street Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (478) 742-4211
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC6.95 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584
- Eisenhower Parkway Dialysis6.97 miles away2525 Second Street Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 738-0420