Carlyle Place is a small non-profit nursing home located in Macon, Georgia. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is one of the top facilities we found. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. Headlining this place's remarkable profile is its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Macon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Macon, Georgia Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Nursing grades are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Carlyle Place?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third category, this facility was given a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in this area. Short-term care grades are meaningful for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, this nursing home was awarded a very strong long-term care rating. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- in that area, giving this facility straight A's. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 90.42553 percent of its patients. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carlyle Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carlyle Place, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carlyle Place, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carlyle Place, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients that had urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carlyle Place, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carlyle Place, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carlyle Place, 4.8% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carlyle Place, 94.56% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carlyle Place, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carlyle Place, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Carlyle Place, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carlyle Place, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carlyle Place, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carlyle Place, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Macon, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Macon, Georgia has 5 other nursing homes
- Coliseum Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away400 Charter Boulevard Macon Georgia 31210Proprietary(478) 757-8200
- Medical Center, Navicent Health (The)Acute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away777 Hemlock Street Macon Georgia 31201Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 633-1000
- Coliseum Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away350 Hospital Drive Macon Georgia 31217Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 765-7000
- Monroe County HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.79 miles away88 Martin Luther King Jr Drive Forsyth Georgia 31029Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 994-2521
- Medical Center of Peach County, Navicent HealthCritical Access Hospitals 18.89 miles away1960 Highway 247 Connector Byron Georgia 31008Government - Hospital District or Authority(478) 654-2000
- Houston Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19 miles away1601 Watson Boulevard Warner Robins Georgia 31093Voluntary non-profit - Private(478) 922-4281
- Macon Southside Dialysis Center, LLC5.29 miles away2101-2121 Eisenhower Parkway Suite 2117 Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 744-9551
- Georgia Kidney Institute, LLC6.07 miles away1625 Hardeman Avenue Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 11 (478) 257-5200
- Macon Eastside Dialysis Center6.79 miles away640 North Avenue Suite H Macon Georgia 31211Dialysis Stations: 16 (478) 621-0542
- Dsi Macon Pine Street Dialysis6.81 miles away745 Pine Street Macon Georgia 31210Dialysis Stations: 18 (478) 742-5138
- Dsi Macon Hemlock Dialysis6.9 miles away657 Hemlock St Ste 100 Macon Georgia 31201Dialysis Stations: 22 (478) 742-8001
- Davita Dialysis of Middle Georgia Inc.6.93 miles away747 Second Street Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (478) 742-4211
- Dialysis Center of Macon, LLC6.95 miles away890 Second Street 1st Floor Macon Georgia 31201CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (478) 743-0584
- Eisenhower Parkway Dialysis6.97 miles away2525 Second Street Macon Georgia 31206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (478) 738-0420