Carlyle House is in Framingham, Massachusetts. This city has 68,423 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires quality marks in most areas. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a good fit for quite a few people. Fortunately, this facility did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Framingham senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing ratings are largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Carlyle House?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B. It outpaced most facilities in this area. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. Once we assessed the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 93.06358 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care. We gave it a C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this area. Our short-term care scores are critical for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carlyle House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carlyle House, 13.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carlyle House, 6.94% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carlyle House, 2.48% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carlyle House, 13.66% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carlyle House, 18.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carlyle House, 2.5% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carlyle House, 90.85% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carlyle House, 14.75% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carlyle House, 13.38% of Residents
This is the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Carlyle House, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carlyle House, 13.38% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carlyle House, 17.55% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carlyle House, 47.64% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 12.24 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham0.51 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough7.93 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- Wellesley Dialysis10.2 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley11.96 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Dci Walden Pond12.3 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham13.54 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)13.91 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston14.77 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592