Carlyle House is in Framingham, Massachusetts. This city has 68,423 people. This facility received an A- overall, which is among the highest scores we offer. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the United States. This facility was also given impressive ratings in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections are virtually perfect. Our inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this area. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 95.58011 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Carlyle House?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. This facility received an impressive short-term care grade, with a B+ in this area. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Switching gears to the next category, this facility was awarded a strong nursing score. Although this was not quite as good as some of its other scores, this is still one of the stronger scores a facility can receive. Our nursing score looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carlyle House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carlyle House, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carlyle House, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term residents that sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carlyle House, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carlyle House, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carlyle House, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carlyle House, 1.95% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carlyle House, 91.63% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carlyle House, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carlyle House, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Carlyle House, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carlyle House, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carlyle House, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carlyle House, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Framingham, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Framingham, Massachusetts has 5 other nursing homes
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 12.24 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham0.51 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough7.93 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- Wellesley Dialysis10.2 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley11.96 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Dci Walden Pond12.3 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham13.54 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)13.91 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston14.77 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592