Carlisle Manor Health Care is a small nursing home located in Franklin, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. This facility seems to have some things going for it. The best part of this place's profile is its stellar inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Carlisle Manor Health Care
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
730 Hillcrest Drive,
Franklin OH 45005
89.16% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we awarded this facility an A+ for our inspections rating. This score is far better than the facility's overall score. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more impressive category grades came in the category of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 94.927536 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Carlisle Manor Health Care?
Next we wanted to quickly point out one of this facility's major weaknesses. In the area of nursing care, we gave this nursing home a lowly grade of F. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses spend with residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. With just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this facility didn't perform well. Due to a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is this nursing home's poorest category grade. Short-term care grades are typically used to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Based on its poor grade in this category, we weren't shocked to discover this nursing home provides far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carlisle Manor Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which sustained a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 90.12% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.74 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.18 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Davita - Dialysis Centers of Warren County3.31 miles away90 Commercial Way Springboro Ohio 45066Dialysis Stations: 10 (937) 704-0589
- Davita - Miamisburg Dialysis4.67 miles away290 Alexandersville Dialysis Miamisburg Ohio 45342Dialysis Stations: 1 (937) 865-0633
- Davita - Atrium5.91 miles away4421 Roosevelt Blvd Ste D Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 422-6879
- Davita - Butler County Dialysis5.98 miles away3497 South Dixie Hwy Franklin Ohio 45005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 422-1467
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis6.51 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Fkc- Centerville Home7.85 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive Dayton Ohio 45459Dialysis Stations: 1 (614) 746-4623
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis-South,Inc7.87 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive, Suite 100 Dayton Ohio 45459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 438-9595
- Davita - Dayton South Dialysis9.31 miles away4700 Springboro Pike Dayton Ohio 45439Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 294-7188