Carlisle Manor Health Care is a small nursing home located in Franklin, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of A-, this facility is among the higher-rated facilities we looked at. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as the top facility in Franklin. This nursing home also received very consistent ratings in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Carlisle Manor Health Care
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Franklin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing score is primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Carlisle Manor Health Care?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is generally a reliable measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in this category. This rounded out a very impressive profile. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 96.40288 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a dangerous illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Carlisle Manor Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 21.39% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 88.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Some argue that mobility is important for patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Carlisle Manor Health Care, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.74 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.18 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Davita - Dialysis Centers of Warren County3.31 miles away90 Commercial Way Springboro Ohio 45066Dialysis Stations: 10 (937) 704-0589
- Davita - Miamisburg Dialysis4.67 miles away290 Alexandersville Dialysis Miamisburg Ohio 45342Dialysis Stations: 1 (937) 865-0633
- Davita - Atrium5.91 miles away4421 Roosevelt Blvd Ste D Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 422-6879
- Davita - Butler County Dialysis5.98 miles away3497 South Dixie Hwy Franklin Ohio 45005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 422-1467
- Davita - Butler County Home Training Dialysis6.51 miles away7335 Yankee Rd. Suite 101a Middletown Ohio 45044Dialysis Stations: 2 (513) 755-2524
- Fkc- Centerville Home7.85 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive Dayton Ohio 45459Dialysis Stations: 1 (614) 746-4623
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis-South,Inc7.87 miles away7700 Washington Village Drive, Suite 100 Dayton Ohio 45459CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 438-9595
- Davita - Dayton South Dialysis9.31 miles away4700 Springboro Pike Dayton Ohio 45439Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 294-7188