Caretel Inns of Brighton is located in Brighton, Michigan. The city has 46,134 people. This facility is one of the top facilities we assessed. This nursing home received one of the highest scores we offer. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Caretel Inns of Brighton
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1014 E Grand River,
Brighton MI 48116
75% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing score is largely based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to receive multiple A+ category scores. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Caretel Inns of Brighton?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a solid grade of B-. This actually was this facility's weakest category. With our long-term care grade, we focus on the quantity of services provided by a nursing home, as well as a series of qualitative data points. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caretel Inns of Brighton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 3.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 91.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Caretel Inns of Brighton, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away620 Byron Rd Howell Michigan 48843Voluntary non-profit - Other(517) 545-6000
- University of Michigan Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.67 miles away1500 E Medical Center Drive, Spc 5474 Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 764-1505
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.41 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- St Joseph Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.01 miles away5301 E Huron River Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48106Voluntary non-profit - Church(734) 712-3456
- St Joseph Mercy ChelseaAcute Care Hospitals 19.39 miles away775 S Main St Chelsea Michigan 48118Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 475-3911
- Fmc Dialysis - Brighton0.74 miles away5757 Whitmore Lake Rd Ste 1600 Brighton Michigan 48116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (810) 229-6945
- Brighton Dialysis of Davita2.71 miles away7960 Grand River Rd Ste 210 Brighton Michigan 48114Dialysis Stations: 13 (810) 225-6288
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc11.95 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita12.72 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Univ of Mi Dialysis - Pediatric15.99 miles away1540 E Hospital Dr Rm 10-712 Mott Hospital Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 232-5461
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita16.32 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis16.93 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Fmc Dialysis - West Ann Arbor17.12 miles away2355 W Stadium Blvd Ann Arbor Michigan 48103Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 623-2259