Caremeridian-Buffalo is located in the large metropolitan area of Las Vegas, Nevada with a total of 1,417,793 people. We awarded this nursing home a first-rate overall score of A-. In fact, this is one of the ten best facilities in Las Vegas. In our view, this place is a wonderful choice for just about anybody. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card was its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to point out that this nursing home earned an A for nursing. In computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the amount of time nurses are with residents as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In addition, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with an A. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place was assessed 9 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Caremeridian-Buffalo?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded a strong short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that area with a grade of B+. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a decent score in this area, with a B-. Even though this is not as favorable as many of this nursing home's other scores, it is nevertheless not a terrible score. Long-term care grades are used to gauge a nursing home's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We found that this facility administered the vaccine to only 71.69811 percent of its residents, which is well below average. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caremeridian-Buffalo Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 10.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 1.75% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 17.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 3.19% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 77.28% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 28 other nursing homes
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away6900 N Durango Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89149Proprietary(702) 835-9700
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 4.76 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 5.93 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Cheyenne Dialysis (Dva)0.16 miles away3291 N Buffalo Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 396-1045
- Pelican Point Dialysis0.46 miles away7316 W Cheyenne Ave Las Vegas Nevada 89129Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 395-0227
- Northwest Las Vegas Dialysis (Fmc)0.72 miles away3150 N Tenaya Way Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 233-8801
- Fire Mesa Dialysis (Fmc)1.13 miles away2450 Fire Mesa St Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 384-2242
- Five Star Dialysis Center (Dva)1.3 miles away2400 Tech Center Ct Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 869-3771
- Centennial Dialysis (Fmc)3.65 miles away7465 W Azure Dr Ste 1a Las Vegas Nevada 89130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 395-2602
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC3.71 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Centennial Dialysis Center (Dva)4.58 miles away8775 W Deer Springs Way Las Vegas Nevada 89149CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (702) 395-2488