Caremeridian-Buffalo is located in the large metropolitan area of Las Vegas, Nevada with a total of 1,417,793 people. We gave this nursing home a first-rate overall score of A-. As a result, it is among the better nursing homes in Las Vegas, which offers some quality facilities. As far as we can see, this nursing home ought to be a great choice for most people. As you will find below, this facility also performed just fine in our category grades. It's hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Las Vegas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing scores are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a resident more frequently.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A-. Inspection grades are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's inspections. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 9 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Caremeridian-Buffalo?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is short-term care. This nursing home was awarded an above average short-term care score, with a B+ in the category. Short-term care grades are important for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, this nursing home also received a first-rate long-term care rating, with a B+. This wrapped up an elite report card. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 86.56716 percent of its residents. This is a bit less than we anticipated. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caremeridian-Buffalo Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 4.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 43.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caremeridian-Buffalo, 43.28% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 13 other nursing homes
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.7 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away6900 N Durango Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89149Proprietary(702) 835-9700
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 4.76 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 5.93 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Cheyenne Dialysis (Dva)0.16 miles away3291 N Buffalo Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 396-1045
- Pelican Point Dialysis0.46 miles away7316 W Cheyenne Ave Las Vegas Nevada 89129Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 395-0227
- Northwest Las Vegas Dialysis (Fmc)0.72 miles away3150 N Tenaya Way Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 233-8801
- Fire Mesa Dialysis (Fmc)1.13 miles away2450 Fire Mesa St Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 384-2242
- Five Star Dialysis Center (Dva)1.3 miles away2400 Tech Center Ct Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 869-3771
- Centennial Dialysis (Fmc)3.65 miles away7465 W Azure Dr Ste 1a Las Vegas Nevada 89130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 395-2602
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC3.71 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Centennial Dialysis Center (Dva)4.58 miles away8775 W Deer Springs Way Las Vegas Nevada 89149CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (702) 395-2488