Caregivers of Pleasant Grove is a facility located in Pleasant Grove, Alabama, a city with a population of 10,099 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. Based on our assessment, you could do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Caregivers of Pleasant Grove
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pleasant Grove senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a favorable overall grade, this nursing home also received a strong inspection score, which is associated with the facility's recent inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in this category. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. There are several subcategories included in this grade. Most of these datapoints relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Caregivers of Pleasant Grove?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this nursing home also received a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 64.47368 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility received a B- in short-term care, which is generally a respectable score. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caregivers of Pleasant Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 9.43% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 3.36% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 19.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 23.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 1.24% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 91.17% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 13.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 14.98% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Caregivers of Pleasant Grove, 14.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
- Princeton Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away701 Princeton Avenue Southwest Birmingham Alabama 35211Voluntary non-profit - Church(205) 783-3800
- Medical West, an Affiliate of Uab Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away995 9th Avenue Southwest Bessemer Alabama 35021Government - Hospital District or Authority(205) 481-7000
- Children's Hospital of AlabamaChildrens 8.8 miles away1600 Seventh Avenue South Birmingham Alabama 35233Voluntary non-profit - Private(205) 939-9100
- Uab Callahan Eye Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away1720 University Blvd, Suite 500 Birmingham Alabama 35233Voluntary non-profit - Private(205) 325-8100
- University of Alabama HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away619 South 19th Street Birmingham Alabama 35233Government - State(205) 934-4011
- St Vincent's BirminghamAcute Care Hospitals 9.8 miles away810 St Vincent's Drive Birmingham Alabama 35205Voluntary non-profit - Private(205) 939-7000
- Brookwood Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away2010 Brookwood Medical Center Drive Birmingham Alabama 35209Proprietary(205) 877-1000
- Grandview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.05 miles away3690 Grandview Parkway Birmingham Alabama 35243Proprietary(205) 971-1000
- Fmc Fairfield (Steel City)2.33 miles away6508 E. J. Oliver Blvd Fairfield Alabama 35064Dialysis Stations: 12 (205) 780-5122
- Ensley Dialysis3.43 miles away2630 Avenue E Birmingham Alabama 35218CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (205) 786-1371
- Fmc Midfield Dialysis3.61 miles away613 Bessemer Super Highway Birmingham Alabama 35228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (205) 481-0019
- Steel City Dialysis4.02 miles away1809 Avenue H Birmingham Alabama 35218Dialysis Stations: 10 (205) 785-2972
- Fmc Forestdale6.17 miles away1004 Forestdale Blvd Birmingham Alabama 35214Dialysis Stations: 14 (205) 798-8321
- Bessemer Dialysis6.48 miles away901 Westlake Mall Ste 101 Bessemer Alabama 35020Dialysis Stations: 16 (205) 424-1848
- Rcg Princeton6.57 miles away708 Cotton Ave Sw Birmingham Alabama 35211CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (205) 785-3500
- Fmc West6.6 miles away633 Lomb Avenue Birmingham Alabama 35211Dialysis Stations: 24 (205) 781-2366