Care One at Wilmington is in Wilmington, Massachusetts, a city with 22,325 people. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this is undoubtedly a very good nursing home. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Care One at Wilmington
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end profile, this nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care score, with a score of A-. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Wilmington?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the third category, this facility also earned a score of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 98.91304 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last area we rated was this facility's weakest area. However, even its lowest point would actually be a strength for many facilities. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B for our nursing category. We scrutinized the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses spent with residents, in determining our score in this category. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Wilmington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Wilmington, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Wilmington, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Wilmington, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents which experienced UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Wilmington, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Wilmington, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Wilmington, 1.95% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Wilmington, 91.63% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Wilmington, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Wilmington, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Care One at Wilmington, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Wilmington, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Wilmington, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Wilmington, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis3.11 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Fmc Services of Stoneham3.37 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis4.07 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)8.21 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center8.4 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell9.03 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers9.04 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)9.63 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282