Care One at Wilmington is in Wilmington, Massachusetts, a city with 22,325 people. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this is undoubtedly a very good nursing home. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Wilmington
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Wilmington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end profile, this nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care score, with a score of A. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Wilmington?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our stronger grades in our long-term care category as well, with a grade of B. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.570816 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The last area we assessed was nursing, in which this nursing home received a B-. Although this proved to be its lowest category rating, this is nevertheless not a bad grade. Our nursing score features a number of data points. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a relatively low total compared with most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Wilmington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Wilmington, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Wilmington, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Wilmington, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have experienced a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Wilmington, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Wilmington, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Wilmington, 2.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Wilmington, 91.39% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Wilmington, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Wilmington, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Care One at Wilmington, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Wilmington, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Wilmington, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Wilmington, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.26 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis3.11 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Fmc Services of Stoneham3.37 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis4.07 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)8.21 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center8.4 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell9.03 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers9.04 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)9.63 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282