Care One at Weymouth is a large nursing home in East Weymouth, Massachusetts. With an A- overall grade, we rated this facility in the top third of all facilities in the United States. We really can not say enough favorable things about this place. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Weymouth
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on East Weymouth senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
With an overall grade this high, it should come as no surprise that this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many dominant grades, this facility was awarded an excellent short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that area. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Weymouth?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an impressive long-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B in this area. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 84.87654 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is somewhat below what we anticipated but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Turning to the next category, this facility was given a decent nursing rating. Although this was not quite as dominant as many of its other grades, this is still not a terrible score. The nursing grade is based on quite a few data points, but the main one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Weymouth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Weymouth, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Weymouth, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Weymouth, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which have experienced urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Weymouth, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Weymouth, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Weymouth, 2.48% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Weymouth, 91.39% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Weymouth, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Weymouth, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Care One at Weymouth, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Weymouth, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Weymouth, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Weymouth, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.71 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis0.6 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis0.81 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Quality Care Dialysis Center1.7 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility4.64 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Us Renal Care Quincy8.3 miles away500 Victory Road Quincy Massachusetts 02171Dialysis Stations: 10 (617) 472-7800
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)8.39 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center8.86 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC9.11 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791