Care One at Wellington is a senior living facility located in Hackensack, New Jersey. The city has a population of 43,010 people. It looks like this is a very good nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good score. This nursing home truly has plenty working in its favor. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Wellington
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hackensack senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Arguably the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. It does not look like we have information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this nursing home's list of achievements, it also was awarded a high-end short-term care score. We gave them a dominant strong of A- in this category. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is frequently a fair assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Wellington?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is long-term care. This facility received an impressive long-term care score, with a B+ in the area. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 96.969696 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning to the final category, this facility was given a decent nursing score. Even though this was not quite as good as many of its other scores, this is still nothing to be ashamed of. Our nursing grade analyzes many subcategories, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This place provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below average. Lastly, our nursing ratings also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Although this facility didn't have as many nursing hours as many other facilities we looked at, it was still better than average in the area of avoiding major falls. This is usually an indicator of how carefully a facility's nursing staff is tending to its residents. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Wellington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Wellington, 10.22% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Wellington, 3.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Wellington, 1.09% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Wellington, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Wellington, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Wellington, 40.74% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Wellington, 95.41% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Wellington, 9.38% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Wellington, 16.45% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Care One at Wellington, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Wellington, 16.45% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Wellington, 8.56% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Wellington, 82.41% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Fmc Bergen Rcc0.86 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack1 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Davita Hackensack1.46 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home1.52 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC1.79 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701
- Teterboro Dialysis2 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus3.37 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood3.43 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149