Care One at Wayne - Snf is one of six available facilities in Wayne, New Jersey. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. This nursing home received one of the top scores that we offer. A score in this range requires superb scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the country. As you will find below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category grades. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Care One at Wayne - Snf
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also received nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A+. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong short-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be its second most impressive category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Short-term care ratings are vital for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Wayne - Snf?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. There are a number of factors included in this area. Most of the subcategories are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last category, this nursing home was awarded a highly favorable long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an A- in that area, giving this facility straight A's. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 92 percent of its residents. This is a bit lower than we expected but still a decent figure. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Wayne - Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 5.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents showing signs of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Wayne, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Wayne, New Jersey has 5 other nursing homes
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 7.64 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.99 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis4.08 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis4.89 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Woodland Park Dialysis Center5.54 miles away1225 Mcbride Ave Suite 100 Little Falls New Jersey 07424CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 890-2394
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis6.44 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis6.53 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Davita East Paterson6.99 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Ara Great Falls Dialysis, LLC7.13 miles away498 East 30th Street Paterson New Jersey 07504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 569-0500
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis7.35 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873