Care One at Wayne - Snf is one of six available facilities in Wayne, New Jersey. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility. This nursing home received one of the top scores that we offer. A score in this range requires superb scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. As you will find below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category grades. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Care One at Wayne - Snf
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
493 Black Oak Ridge Road,
Wayne NJ 07470
82.87% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a very strong short-term care score. Indeed, this is this facility's second strongest category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Wayne - Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our more favorable grades in our long-term care category as well, with a B+. Facilities that do well in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 96 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In our final category, we awarded this facility a grade of A+ for our nursing score. This rounded out an elite report card. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of the nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Wayne - Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents which sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients which are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 5.95% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 91.97% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Wayne, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Wayne, New Jersey has 5 other nursing homes
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 7.64 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.99 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis4.08 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis4.89 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Woodland Park Dialysis Center5.54 miles away1225 Mcbride Ave Suite 100 Little Falls New Jersey 07424CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 890-2394
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis6.44 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis6.53 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Davita East Paterson6.99 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Ara Great Falls Dialysis, LLC7.13 miles away498 East 30th Street Paterson New Jersey 07504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 569-0500
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis7.35 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873