Care One at Wayne - Snf is the sole nursing home located in Wayne, New Jersey. This facility was given an A- overall, which is an elite score. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all facilities in the nation. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Wayne - Snf
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Wayne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end resume, this facility also was given a dominant short-term care score, with a score of A. With our short-term care rating, we strive to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Wayne - Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of B+. It performed more favorably than most facilities in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final area we rated was nursing. In that category, we gave this facility a solid grade of B-. This ended up being this facility's least impressive category. Nursing grades are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Wayne - Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 6.37% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 89.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Wayne - Snf, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 7.64 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.99 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis4.08 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis4.89 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Woodland Park Dialysis Center5.54 miles away1225 Mcbride Ave Suite 100 Little Falls New Jersey 07424CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 890-2394
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis6.44 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis6.53 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Davita East Paterson6.99 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Ara Great Falls Dialysis, LLC7.13 miles away498 East 30th Street Paterson New Jersey 07504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 569-0500
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis7.35 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873