Located in Teaneck, New Jersey, Care One at Teaneck is one of only two available nursing homes there. This facility is among the top facilities we assessed. Receiving an A+ in our grading system requires top-notch scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the 25 best nursing homes in New Jersey. Scroll down to see this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Care One at Teaneck
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility earned near flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another reason we assessed this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ long-term care score. This is flat out as dominant as it gets in this area. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life threatening condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Teaneck?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is short-term care. This nursing home also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more critical for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
In the last area, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our nursing score. This rounded out a very strong profile. Nursing scores are largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Teaneck Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Teaneck, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Teaneck, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who have had falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Teaneck, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Teaneck, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Teaneck, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Teaneck, 5.81% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Teaneck, 92% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Teaneck, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Teaneck, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is important for patients health.
In Care One at Teaneck, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Teaneck, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Teaneck, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Teaneck, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC0.37 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home0.64 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Fmc Bergen Rcc1.29 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood1.78 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149
- Fmc Englewood Dialysis Center2.29 miles away350 Engle Street Fl 1 Englewood New Jersey 07631CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 503-1401
- Teterboro Dialysis2.7 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack2.75 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Davita Hackensack3.28 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875