Located in Teaneck, New Jersey, Care One at Teaneck is one of only two available nursing homes there. This facility appears to be among the better facilities we assessed. A grade in this range requires high-end scores across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities nationally. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Teaneck
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Teaneck senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Teaneck, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place turned out to be a great nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important category. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a dominant short-term care score. In fact, this is this facility's second strongest category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A. Our short-term care scores are arguably more meaningful for individuals in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Teaneck?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the third category, this facility also received a grade of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The next category we assessed was nursing. This facility was given a favorable nursing grade in our assessment, with a B-. While this was not quite as good as many of its other grades, this remains a respectable score in that area. The nursing rating weighs several factors. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Teaneck Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Teaneck, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Teaneck, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Teaneck, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Teaneck, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Teaneck, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Teaneck, 6.37% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Teaneck, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Teaneck, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Teaneck, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Care One at Teaneck, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Teaneck, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Teaneck, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Teaneck, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC0.37 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home0.64 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Fmc Bergen Rcc1.29 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood1.78 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149
- Fmc Englewood Dialysis Center2.29 miles away350 Engle Street Fl 1 Englewood New Jersey 07631CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 503-1401
- Teterboro Dialysis2.7 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack2.75 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Davita Hackensack3.28 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875