Located in Teaneck, New Jersey, Care One at Teaneck is one of only two available nursing homes there. This facility is among the top facilities we assessed. A grade in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. Scroll down to find this facility's category scores, which are also impressive. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Care One at Teaneck
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Teaneck, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that category. In computing our short-term care scores, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Teaneck?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing rating is based on several datapoints, but the main one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, this nursing home also received an excellent long-term care rating, with a grade of B+. This finished off a very strong report card. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Teaneck Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Teaneck, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Teaneck, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who experienced a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Teaneck, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which sustained a UTI. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Teaneck, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Teaneck, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Teaneck, 5.95% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Teaneck, 91.97% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Teaneck, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Teaneck, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
In Care One at Teaneck, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Teaneck, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Teaneck, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Teaneck, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC0.37 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home0.64 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Fmc Bergen Rcc1.29 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood1.78 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149
- Fmc Englewood Dialysis Center2.29 miles away350 Engle Street Fl 1 Englewood New Jersey 07631CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 503-1401
- Teterboro Dialysis2.7 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack2.75 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Davita Hackensack3.28 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875