Care One at Somerset Valley is the only nursing home we were able to find in Bound Brook, New Jersey. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires very strong scores across the board. You simply can't do much better than this nursing home. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Somerset Valley
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bound Brook senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection scores are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong resume, this facility also performed well in our short-term care area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in that area. In computing these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Somerset Valley?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. There are quite a few factors within this area. Many of the datapoints are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility was given a grade of C. This proved to be this facility's worst area. This is nevertheless not a terrible score. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We weren't able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Somerset Valley Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Somerset Valley, 41.67% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Somerset Valley, 6.96% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Somerset Valley, 80.98% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.07 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 14.46 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.54 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.49 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr0.76 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville3.69 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway5.04 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Fmc So Plainfield6.16 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis6.71 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis6.88 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Dci Somerset6.97 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Davita Hamilton Street Dialysis7.01 miles away920 Hamilton Street Suite C-3 Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 220-1593