Care One at Somerset Valley is the only nursing home we were able to find in Bound Brook, New Jersey. This is a quality facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong grade. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Care One at Somerset Valley
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1621 Route 22 West,
Bound Brook NJ 08805
91.25% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to this nursing home's list of achievements, it also received a first-rate short-term care score. We gave them an elite grade of A in this category. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Somerset Valley?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. There are quite a few factors within this area. Many of the datapoints are tied to nurse staffing. This facility averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this facility was given an acceptable long-term care rating. Even though this was not nearly as strong as several of its other scores, this is still not a poor grade. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Somerset Valley Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Somerset Valley, 91.97% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Somerset Valley, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Somerset Valley, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.07 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 14.46 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.54 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.49 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr0.76 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville3.69 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway5.04 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Fmc So Plainfield6.16 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis6.71 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis6.88 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Dci Somerset6.97 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Davita Hamilton Street Dialysis7.01 miles away920 Hamilton Street Suite C-3 Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 220-1593