Care One at Ridgewood Avenue is a facility in Paramus, New Jersey, which has a population of 26,342 people. This proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. Remarkably, the facilities in Paramus received high grades across the board, making this one of the better places in New Jersey to find a nursing home. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Ridgewood Avenue
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Paramus senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a favorable overall score, we awarded this place an A+ for our inspection category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. We were not able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this facility. Without having access to all of the deficiency related data, it was difficult to evaluate this nursing home in the inspections category.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded strong scores in the area of short-term care as well. Indeed, we awarded it one of our strongest scores in that area with a score of A. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 7.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Ridgewood Avenue?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents and the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care, which was a weak link for this facility. We gave this facility a grade of D for the area of long-term care, making this the facility's weakest category. We'd still recommend that you consider all of a nursing home's grades. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.10715 percent of its patients, which is more than most nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Ridgewood Avenue Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 10.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 0.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which have experienced falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 19.44% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 18.52% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 25.47% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 96.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 9.18% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 15.83% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 15.83% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 8.67% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Ridgewood Avenue, 74.78% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.29 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus2.73 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis2.95 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita Radburn Dialysis2.96 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood3.85 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Davita East Paterson4.92 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack5.08 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Ara Great Falls Dialysis, LLC5.42 miles away498 East 30th Street Paterson New Jersey 07504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 569-0500
- Davita Hackensack5.46 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875