Care One at Randolph is a nursing home in Randolph, Massachusetts, a city with a population of 32,158 people. This is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this facility. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Care One at Randolph
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this nursing home especially excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also was awarded favorable long-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we gave it one of our higher grades in that area, with a score of B. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 70.72369 percent of its patients against pneumonia. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Randolph?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Our nursing score is largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below the national average. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is short-term care. We gave it a B- in that category. This is a decent grade in this category. Our short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Randolph Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Randolph, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Randolph, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Randolph, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that had UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Randolph, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Randolph, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Randolph, 1.95% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Randolph, 91.63% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Randolph, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Randolph, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Care One at Randolph, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Randolph, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Randolph, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Randolph, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- South Shore HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.47 miles away55 Fogg Road South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 340-8000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.19 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 8.91 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.36 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC3.31 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center4.23 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC4.45 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Quality Care Dialysis Center6.23 miles awayUnit 1 Stetson West 2 West Street Unit 1 South Weymouth Massachusetts 02190CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (781) 331-4100
- Us Renal Care Weymouth Dialysis6.28 miles away587 Washington Street Weymouth Massachusetts 02188Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 340-3938
- Davita Weymouth Dialysis6.65 miles away330 Libbey Industrial Parkway Suite 900 East Weymouth Massachusetts 02189CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 331-7700
- South Suburban Dialysis Facility7.21 miles away(Bma Quincy) 241 Parkingway Quincy Massachusetts 02169Dialysis Stations: 20 (617) 847-1700
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)7.29 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985