Care One at Oradell is a large nursing home in Oradell, New Jersey. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. Based on our assessment, this facility has quite a bit going for it. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Care One at Oradell
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not look like we were able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this nursing home. Without information regarding deficiencies, it ended up being a challenge to grade this nursing home in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we graded this nursing home so well is that it was given a very impressive short-term care grade. Indeed, short-term care is its second most favorable category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This category is generally a solid assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Oradell?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. We weighed the licensure of nurses working for the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, nursing grades also consider quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was long-term care. In this area, we awarded this facility an acceptable grade of C. This is this nursing home's weakest area. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Oradell Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Oradell, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Oradell, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents which had a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Oradell, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who have experienced a UTI. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Oradell, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Oradell, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Oradell, 5.95% of Patients
This is the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Oradell, 91.97% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Oradell, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Oradell, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Care One at Oradell, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Oradell, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Oradell, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Oradell, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.63 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood1.87 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus3.05 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack4.5 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Fmc Bergen Rcc4.86 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Davita Radburn Dialysis5.09 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis5.14 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home5.25 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Davita Hackensack5.28 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875