Care One at Northampton is the lone nursing home we identified in Northampton, Massachusetts. With an A- overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the country. We simply can not say enough great things about this facility. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Care One at Northampton
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well in its overall grade, this nursing home received an excellent inspection report. Consequently, it received one of our highest scores in that area with a grade of A. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate assessment, this nursing home also received a strong short-term care score, with a score of A-. Short-term care grades are typically used to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Northampton?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing scores are largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this nursing home also performed admirably in the long-term care category. We awarded it a grade of B+ for that area. This completed a very impressive profile. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.30796 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Northampton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Northampton, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Northampton, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Northampton, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Northampton, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Northampton, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Northampton, 1.93% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Northampton, 91.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Northampton, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Northampton, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Care One at Northampton, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Northampton, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Northampton, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Northampton, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,TheAcute Care Hospitals 0.34 miles away30 Locust Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 582-2000
- Holyoke Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away575 Beech Street Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 534-2500
- Baystate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.62 miles away759 Chestnut Street Springfield Massachusetts 01199Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 794-0000
- Mercy Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 15.11 miles away271 Carew Street Springfield Massachusetts 01104Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 748-9000
- Baystate Noble HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away115 West Silver Street Westfield Massachusetts 01085Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 568-2811
- Baystate Franklin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.08 miles away164 High Street Greenfield Massachusetts 01301Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 773-0211
- Baystate Wing Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 19.33 miles away40 Wright Street Palmer Massachusetts 01069Voluntary non-profit - Other(413) 283-7651
- Hampshire County Dialysis Center1.82 miles away84 Conz Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 586-7989
- Ara-Holyoke Dialysis LLC11.14 miles away36 Lower Westfield Rd Unit C-153 Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Dialysis Stations: 20 (413) 533-3128
- Dialysis Center of Western Massachusetts11.49 miles away601 Memorial Drive, Suite H Chicopee Massachusetts 01020Dialysis Stations: 15 (413) 593-3078
- Chicopee Dialysis Center12.5 miles awayI 391 Industrial Park 317 Meadow Street Chicopee Massachusetts 01013Dialysis Stations: 17 (413) 535-2529
- Pioneer Valley Dialysis Center13.14 miles away208 Ashley Avenue West Springfield Massachusetts 01089CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (413) 750-3400
- Ara-Ludlow Dialysis, LLC14.76 miles away14 Chestnut Place, Suite B Ludlow Massachusetts 01056CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 583-7983
- East Springfield Dialysis (Bma of Massachusetts)15.42 miles away1515 State Street Springfield Massachusetts 01109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 732-1586
- Western Mass. Kidney Center (Bma Springfield)15.69 miles away2000 Main Street Springfield Massachusetts 01103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (413) 739-4751