CareOne at Parsippany is an average-sized nursing home located in Parsippany, New Jersey. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
CareOne at Parsippany
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Parsippany senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection score. Its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave it an A. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had a generally positive view of this nursing home's recent inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category was its short-term care grade, where it received a grade of B-. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We were surprised to find that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about CareOne at Parsippany?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing rating. We gave this nursing home an impressive grade of D. Our nursing score includes a handful of factors, however, the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This statistic is far below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this nursing home really didn't fare very well. Due to a poor grade of F in long-term care, this was this nursing home's weakest category. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 92.85715 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat less than we expected but still a respectable percentage. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
CareOne at Parsippany Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In CareOne at Parsippany, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In CareOne at Parsippany, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In CareOne at Parsippany, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint can be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In CareOne at Parsippany, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In CareOne at Parsippany, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In CareOne at Parsippany, 6.37% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In CareOne at Parsippany, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In CareOne at Parsippany, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In CareOne at Parsippany, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In CareOne at Parsippany, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In CareOne at Parsippany, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In CareOne at Parsippany, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In CareOne at Parsippany, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 8.72 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.13 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Davita Parsippany Dialysis0.96 miles away900 Lanidex Plaza Suite 120 Parsippany New Jersey 07054Dialysis Stations: 10 (973) 739-7080
- Fmc Dial Assoc No Jersey Dc3.66 miles away2200 Route 10 West Suite 107 Parsippany New Jersey 07054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 267-2009
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown5.99 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- Fmc East Morris5.99 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave6.47 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Fmc Kenvil6.99 miles away677 Route 46 Suite C Kenvil New Jersey 07847CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 252-1301
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC8.05 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis8.21 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792