Care One at Moorestown is located in Moorestown, New Jersey. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. Remarkably, the facilities in Moorestown received high scores across the board, making this one of the best places in New Jersey to find a nursing home. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Moorestown
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Moorestown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Blood Administration
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility an A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this nursing home also earned a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this area. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Moorestown?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a resident at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was long-term care. This facility was awarded an above average long-term care rating in our assessment, with a C. While this was not quite as dominant as many of its other grades, this is nevertheless an acceptable rating in this area. With our long-term care grade, we look at the amount of care provided by a facility, as well as some qualitative measures. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted vaccination data. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Moorestown Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Moorestown, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Moorestown, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 7.6 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.57 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 9.99 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Davita Delran Dialysis2.33 miles away8008 Route 130 North Riverside New Jersey 08075CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (856) 764-0800
- Davita Lourdes Mt Laurel Dialysis3.72 miles away130 Gaither Drive Ste. 172 Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 20 (856) 222-4195
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc4.66 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Dva Willingboro4.78 miles away230 Van Sciver Parkway Willingboro New Jersey 08046CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 871-3431
- Davita Cherry Hill Dialysis5.83 miles away1030 N Kings Hwy Suite 100 Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 321-0111
- Bensalem Dialysis Center5.95 miles away1336 Bristol Pike Units 12 &13 Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 638-8671
- Woodhaven Dialysis Center5.95 miles away1336 Bristol Pike, Suite B Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 639-1070
- Davita Lumberton Dialysis6.14 miles away1261 W. Route #38 Hainesport New Jersey 08036CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 914-4420