Care One at Millbury is located in Millbury, Massachusetts. With an A- overall grade, we rated this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong here. As you will find below, this place also performed well in our category grades. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Care One at Millbury
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
312 Millbury Avenue,
Millbury MA 01527
85.32% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Millbury?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B. Even though this ended up being its weakest category score, this is still a strong score. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.25187 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Millbury Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Millbury, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Millbury, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term patients who have sustained a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Millbury, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Millbury, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Millbury, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Millbury, 1.93% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Millbury, 91.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Millbury, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Millbury, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Care One at Millbury, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Millbury, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Millbury, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Millbury, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- St Vincent HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away123 Summer Street Worcester Massachusetts 01608Proprietary(508) 363-5000
- Umass Memorial Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.84 miles away55 Lake Avenue North Worcester Massachusetts 01655Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 334-1000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.21 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Harrington Memorial Hospital-1Acute Care Hospitals 17.7 miles away100 South Street Southbridge Massachusetts 01550Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 765-9771
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.78 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Massachusetts Inc1.75 miles away867 Grafton Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 387-9332
- Davita Shrewsbury Street Dialysis3.23 miles away267 Shrewsbury Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (774) 530-6353
- Saint Vincent's Hospital3.34 miles awayHemodialysis Unit 123 Summer St, Suite 380 Worcester Massachusetts 01608Dialysis Stations: 12 (508) 363-9460
- U-Mass Memorial Health Care Systems3.37 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Lake Avenue North Rm h7-331 Worcester Massachusetts 01655Dialysis Stations: 13 (774) 442-3814
- Freedom Center of Worcester3.74 miles away1 Innovation Drive Suite 110 Worcester Massachusetts 01605Dialysis Stations: 6 (508) 767-3950
- University Dialysis Center (Bma of Shrewsbury)3.76 miles away239-243 Boston Turnpike Road Shrewsbury Massachusetts 01545Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 753-0886
- Auburn Health LLC4.38 miles away771 South Bridge Street Suite 1 Auburn Massachusetts 01501Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 832-3604
- Davita Pdi Worcester4.85 miles away19 Glennie Street Suite A Worcester Massachusetts 01605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (508) 421-9539