Located in Livingston, New Jersey, Care One at Livingston is one of just a few available nursing homes in this city. Sporting an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. You can certainly do much worse than this place. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Care One at Livingston
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, it also earned A+ inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly perfect. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other achievements is its dominant short-term care grade. It received one of our best scores in that category, with a score of A. Our short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Livingston?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. There are several criteria within this category. Many of the factors reflect nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning patients at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is nursing, is this facility's least impressive category. We awarded this facility a D in this area. This really is one of the few weak links in an otherwise impressive profile. For residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 98.58156 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Livingston Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Livingston, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Livingston, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Livingston, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who experienced a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Livingston, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Livingston, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Livingston, 5.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Livingston, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Livingston, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Livingston, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Care One at Livingston, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Livingston, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Livingston, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Livingston, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 8.57 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave0.39 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange2.62 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC2.69 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Davita Millburn Dialysis4.25 miles away25 East Willow Street Ste 2 Millburn New Jersey 07041CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 379-7309
- Fmc Maplewood Dialysis Center4.84 miles away2130 Milburn Avenue Suite b1 Maplewood New Jersey 07040Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 275-5499
- Total Renal Care, Inc West Orange Dialysis5.13 miles away375 Mount Pleasant Avenue Ste 340 West Orange New Jersey 07052Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 243-7069
- Fmc Hillside Dialysis Ctr5.89 miles away879 Rahway Avenue Ruth Kliman Dialysis Center Union New Jersey 07083Dialysis Stations: 32 (908) 964-5606
- Fmc Orange Dc6.03 miles away258 Central Ave Orange New Jersey 07050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (973) 675-3400