Located in Livingston, New Jersey, Care One at Livingston is one of just a few available nursing homes in this city. Sporting an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. You can certainly do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades is available below.
Care One at Livingston
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A- for our short-term care score. In computing our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Livingston?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this category. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last category we assessed is nursing. We awarded this facility a decent score in that area, with a B-. Even though this is not as high as some of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not a major area of concern. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we assess the number of hours nurses are with residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Livingston Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Livingston, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that developed pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Livingston, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Livingston, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Livingston, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Livingston, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Livingston, 5.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Livingston, 92% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Livingston, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Livingston, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
In Care One at Livingston, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Livingston, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Livingston, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Livingston, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 8.57 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave0.39 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange2.62 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC2.69 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Davita Millburn Dialysis4.25 miles away25 East Willow Street Ste 2 Millburn New Jersey 07041CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 379-7309
- Fmc Maplewood Dialysis Center4.84 miles away2130 Milburn Avenue Suite b1 Maplewood New Jersey 07040Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 275-5499
- Total Renal Care, Inc West Orange Dialysis5.13 miles away375 Mount Pleasant Avenue Ste 340 West Orange New Jersey 07052Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 243-7069
- Fmc Hillside Dialysis Ctr5.89 miles away879 Rahway Avenue Ruth Kliman Dialysis Center Union New Jersey 07083Dialysis Stations: 32 (908) 964-5606
- Fmc Orange Dc6.03 miles away258 Central Ave Orange New Jersey 07050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (973) 675-3400