Located in Livingston, New Jersey, Care One at Livingston is the sole facility located in this area. Featuring an overall grade of B, this nursing home is a quality choice. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Livingston
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Livingston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a strong facility is that it received an impressive inspection rating. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In that category, we awarded this facility an A+. Our inspection scores are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A for our short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are important for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more skilled nursing. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Livingston?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. There are a variety of datapoints within this area. Many of these datapoints reflect staffing levels. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care, is this facility's worst category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this area. This really was one of the few dings on a very solid report card. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 98.58156 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Livingston Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Livingston, 21.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Livingston, 4.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Livingston, 1.5% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Livingston, 12.5% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Livingston, 16.26% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Livingston, 17.56% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Livingston, 93.74% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Livingston, 8.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Livingston, 4.09% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Care One at Livingston, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Livingston, 4.09% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Livingston, 8.47% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Livingston, 83.23% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 8.57 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave0.39 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange2.62 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC2.69 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Davita Millburn Dialysis4.25 miles away25 East Willow Street Ste 2 Millburn New Jersey 07041CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 379-7309
- Fmc Maplewood Dialysis Center4.84 miles away2130 Milburn Avenue Suite b1 Maplewood New Jersey 07040Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 275-5499
- Total Renal Care, Inc West Orange Dialysis5.13 miles away375 Mount Pleasant Avenue Ste 340 West Orange New Jersey 07052Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 243-7069
- Fmc Hillside Dialysis Ctr5.89 miles away879 Rahway Avenue Ruth Kliman Dialysis Center Union New Jersey 07083Dialysis Stations: 32 (908) 964-5606
- Fmc Orange Dc6.03 miles away258 Central Ave Orange New Jersey 07050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (973) 675-3400