Care One at Lexington is a very-large facility in Lexington, Massachusetts. With an A- overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. We simply can not say enough favorable things about this place. As you can find below, this place also performed just fine in our category scores. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Care One at Lexington
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has received excellent inspections recently. We awarded them an A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was awarded an impressive grade of A- in our short-term care area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This category is frequently a solid assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Lexington?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing ratings are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, this nursing home also was awarded a first-rate long-term care grade, with a grade of B+. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the senior population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Lexington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Lexington, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Lexington, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Lexington, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Lexington, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Lexington, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Lexington, 1.95% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Lexington, 91.63% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Lexington, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Lexington, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Care One at Lexington, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Lexington, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Lexington, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Lexington, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Davita Woburn Dialysis3.25 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis3.79 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham4.03 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center4.52 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis4.58 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Dci Ball Square4.93 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)5.37 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Fmc Services of Stoneham6.39 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454