Care One at Lexington is a very-large facility in Lexington, Massachusetts. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top 100 facilities in Massachusetts. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. We really can not say enough good things about this facility. As you can see below, this facility also performed just fine in our category scores. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Care One at Lexington
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
178 Lowell Street,
Lexington MA 02420
60.14% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Lexington?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home received a strong long-term care rating. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in that area, topping off one of our better profiles. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.74359 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Lexington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Lexington, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Lexington, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Lexington, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term care residents who sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Lexington, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Lexington, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Lexington, 1.93% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Lexington, 91.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Lexington, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Lexington, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Care One at Lexington, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Lexington, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Lexington, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Lexington, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Davita Woburn Dialysis3.25 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis3.79 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham4.03 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center4.52 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis4.58 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Dci Ball Square4.93 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)5.37 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Fmc Services of Stoneham6.39 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454