Care One at Hanover Township is an average-sized nursing home located in Whippany, New Jersey. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a phenomenal rating. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category grades, which are also impressive. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Care One at Hanover Township
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Few nursing homes received a better grade in this category. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Hanover Township?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a score of A-. Only a select group of nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we scored is nursing, in which this nursing home was given a B. This actually was this nursing home's least impressive category. A nursing home is doing something right when their worst score still rates higher than most facilities. Our nursing rating includes a variety of subcategories. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Hanover Township Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Hanover Township, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Hanover Township, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Hanover Township, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Hanover Township, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Hanover Township, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Hanover Township, 5.95% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Hanover Township, 91.97% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Hanover Township, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Hanover Township, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Care One at Hanover Township, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Hanover Township, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Hanover Township, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Hanover Township, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 9.97 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.53 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.53 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Davita Parsippany Dialysis3.03 miles away900 Lanidex Plaza Suite 120 Parsippany New Jersey 07054Dialysis Stations: 10 (973) 739-7080
- Fmc East Morris3.16 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown3.16 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- Fmc Dial Assoc No Jersey Dc3.45 miles away2200 Route 10 West Suite 107 Parsippany New Jersey 07054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 267-2009
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave4.56 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC6.96 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange7.19 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300
- Fmc Kenvil7.46 miles away677 Route 46 Suite C Kenvil New Jersey 07847CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 252-1301