Care One at Essex Park is a facility located in Beverly, Massachusetts. The city has 39,502 people. With an overall grade of B+, this is a strong facility. Based on our analysis, this facility ought to meet the needs of most people. The best aspect of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Essex Park
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Beverly senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Beverly, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded impressive marks in the area of short-term care as well. Consequently, we awarded it one of our highest scores in that category with a area of A-. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is considered to be a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. We weren't able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Essex Park?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this nursing home also earned a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 98.962654 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final area we rated is nursing. We awarded this nursing home one of our more favorable scores in this category, with a B. This nursing home turned out to be very solid in each category we looked at. Nursing scores are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Essex Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Essex Park, 6.02% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Essex Park, 3.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Essex Park, 0.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Essex Park, 32.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Essex Park, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Essex Park, 1.54% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Essex Park, 97.93% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Essex Park, 12.61% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Essex Park, 15.64% of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Care One at Essex Park, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Essex Park, 15.64% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Essex Park, 12.76% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Essex Park, 82.42% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 0.72 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.93 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.42 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.82 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 17.85 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 18.23 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center0.92 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis5.19 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center5.47 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers5.71 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)10.37 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fmc Services of Stoneham12.89 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis16.07 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center16.2 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740