Care One at East Brunswick is a large nursing home in East Brunswick, New Jersey. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a very elite score. Based on our assessment, you can't go wrong with this facility. One of the major highlights of this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Care One at East Brunswick
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
599 Cranbury Road,
East Brunswick NJ 08816
76.21% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in East Brunswick, New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in East Brunswick, New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in East Brunswick, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Very few facilities fared this well in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a impressive short-term care score. Indeed, this turned out to be this nursing home's second strongest category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a score of A. In forming these short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at East Brunswick?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. There are a host of criteria within this area. Most of the datapoints are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of A-. This rounded out a very strong profile. Few facilities received an A- or higher in all four categories. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at East Brunswick Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at East Brunswick, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at East Brunswick, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at East Brunswick, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at East Brunswick, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at East Brunswick, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at East Brunswick, 5.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at East Brunswick, 91.97% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at East Brunswick, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at East Brunswick, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Care One at East Brunswick, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at East Brunswick, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at East Brunswick, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at East Brunswick, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.88 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.22 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 15.89 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Davita East Brunswick0.13 miles away629 Cranbury Rd East Brunswick New Jersey 08816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 238-1909
- Dci North Brunswick Dialysis Ctr4.86 miles away105 North Center Dr North Brunswick New Jersey 08902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (732) 940-8368
- New Brunswick Dialysis5.97 miles away303 George Street Ste G-8 New Brunswick New Jersey 08901CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 937-4791
- Davita Hamilton Street Dialysis6.33 miles away920 Hamilton Street Suite C-3 Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 220-1593
- Dci Somerset6.37 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis6.81 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Davita Franklin Park Dialysis7.01 miles away3079 State Route 27 Unit H Franklin Park New Jersey 08823Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 305-7855
- Dva Old Bridge Dialysis Ctr7.02 miles awayDavita Kidney Care 262 Texas Rd Old Bridge New Jersey 08857CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 591-4931