With an address in Cresskill, New Jersey, Care One at Cresskill is the lone nursing home we found in this area. With an A- overall grade, we rated this facility in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the country. Based on our analysis, this facility is really as good as it gets. The best part of this facility's impressive report card was its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Care One at Cresskill
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually perfect. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. We weren't able to track down deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many high-end scores, this facility was awarded first-rate long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- in this area. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.08257 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Cresskill?
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was given a strong score of A- in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To offer quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The last area we analyzed is nursing, where this nursing home was given a grade of B-. This actually proved to be this facility's weakest area. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we assess the quantity of hours nurses commit to patients and the levels of training of the nurses. This facility averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Cresskill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Cresskill, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Cresskill, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that sustained falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Cresskill, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Cresskill, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Cresskill, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Cresskill, 5.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Cresskill, 91.97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Cresskill, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Cresskill, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Cresskill, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Cresskill, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Cresskill, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.81 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Southern Westchester Dialysis Ctr3.15 miles away44 Vark Street Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (914) 965-0200
- St. Josephs Hosp. Hlth Ctr-Yonkers3.19 miles away127 South Broadway Dialysis Unit Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 6 (914) 378-7480
- Regency Dialysis Center3.22 miles away65 Ashburton Avenue Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 963-4572
- Fmc Englewood Dialysis Center3.54 miles away350 Engle Street Fl 1 Englewood New Jersey 07631CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 503-1401
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood3.86 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood4.25 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149
- Davita Yonkers East Dialysis Center4.29 miles away5 Odell Plaza Suite 131 Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 376-0296
- Davita Yonkers Dialysis Center4.58 miles away575 Yonkers Avenue Yonkers New York 10704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 377-2370