Care One at Cresskill is an average-sized facility in Cresskill, New Jersey. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A score in this range requires solid scores in most areas. Based on our ratings, this nursing home looks like a good fit for most people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Care One at Cresskill
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cresskill senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections are nearly perfect. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. We weren't able to track down deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also received favorable short-term care grades this year. In fact, we gave it one of our stronger scores in that area, with a score of B. Our short-term care scores are important for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care One at Cresskill?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded an impressive long-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that category with a score of B. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.03846 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final category we analyzed was this facility's poorest category. However, even in its worst category we still gave it a decent grade of C for nursing. Our nursing grade analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a low total compared with most other nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care One at Cresskill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Care One at Cresskill, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Care One at Cresskill, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Care One at Cresskill, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Care One at Cresskill, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Care One at Cresskill, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Care One at Cresskill, 6.37% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Care One at Cresskill, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Care One at Cresskill, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Care One at Cresskill, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Care One at Cresskill, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Care One at Cresskill, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care One at Cresskill, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care One at Cresskill, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.81 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Southern Westchester Dialysis Ctr3.15 miles away44 Vark Street Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (914) 965-0200
- St. Josephs Hosp. Hlth Ctr-Yonkers3.19 miles away127 South Broadway Dialysis Unit Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 6 (914) 378-7480
- Regency Dialysis Center3.22 miles away65 Ashburton Avenue Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 963-4572
- Fmc Englewood Dialysis Center3.54 miles away350 Engle Street Fl 1 Englewood New Jersey 07631CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 503-1401
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood3.86 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood4.25 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149
- Davita Yonkers East Dialysis Center4.29 miles away5 Odell Plaza Suite 131 Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 376-0296
- Davita Yonkers Dialysis Center4.58 miles away575 Yonkers Avenue Yonkers New York 10704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 377-2370