With an address in Rahway, New Jersey, Care Connection Rahway is one of only two available facilities in this city. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our grading system requires excellent performance across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the top 500 best facilities in the nation. We also gave this nursing home phenomenal grades in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Care Connection Rahway
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Radiation Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with a grade of A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility fared very well in our short-term care category. We gave them an elite grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Care Connection Rahway?
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong assessment, this facility also was given an excellent long-term care grade, with a score of A. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. It doesn't appear that this facility provided vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final area, this nursing home also was given an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. This finished off a very strong report card. Our nursing grade analyzes quite a few factors, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Care Connection Rahway Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Care Connection Rahway, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Care Connection Rahway, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Richmond University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away355 Bard Avenue Staten Island New York 10310Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 818-1234
- Carepoint Health - Bayonne Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.14 miles away29 East 29th St Bayonne New Jersey 07002Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 858-5000
- Davita Rahway0.58 miles away800 Harrison Street Rahway New Jersey 07065Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 680-0370
- Fmc Linden Dialysis1.7 miles away630 West St. Georges Ave Linden New Jersey 07036CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 925-5161
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr2.03 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Trinitas Sat Linden2.5 miles away10 North Wood Ave Suite G Linden New Jersey 07036Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 862-7400
- Trinitas Cranford Dialysis3.79 miles away205 Birchwood Ave Cranford New Jersey 07016Dialysis Stations: 9 (908) 402-2000
- Dva Edison3.95 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Ara Garden State Kidney Center4.37 miles away345 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 855-2100
- Fmc Kenilworth4.57 miles away131 South 31st Street Kenilworth New Jersey 07033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (908) 241-0453