Cardinal Hill Skilled Rehabilitation Unit turns out to be one of a host of available nursing homes to select from in Lexington, Kentucky. We gave this nursing home an above average overall grade of A+. In fact, we ranked it as the third best nursing home in Lexington. Based on our assessment, this facility looks like a no brainer for just about anybody. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Cardinal Hill Skilled Rehabilitation Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2050 Versailles Road,
Lexington KY 40504
45.27% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a favorable overall score, we gave this facility an A+ for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this nursing home so favorably is that it received an A+ short-term care score. This is just about as elite as it gets in this area. Our short-term care scores are critical for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Cardinal Hill Skilled Rehabilitation Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next category, this nursing home was awarded a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in this category. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to our final area, this facility also excelled in the nursing category. We awarded it an A- for that category. This rounded out a straight A profile. When determining a facility's nursing grade, we assess the number of hours nurses commit to residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cardinal Hill Skilled Rehabilitation Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cardinal Hill Skilled Rehabilitation Unit, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cardinal Hill Skilled Rehabilitation Unit, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Lexington, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lexington, Kentucky has 13 other nursing homes
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.17 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 9.82 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Dci - Lexington2.37 miles away100 Venture Court Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 32 (859) 252-7712
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training2.58 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Dci - South Lexington2.63 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East4.84 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Fmc - Lexington North5.83 miles away1610 Leestown Rd., Suite 180 Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 25 (859) 254-0671
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest6.1 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program6.25 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis6.49 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775