Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a small nursing home in Easley, South Carolina. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some respectable scores. This place seems to have a few things going for it. The best part of this facility's profile is its exemplary inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1850 Crestview Road,
Easley SC 29642
101.33% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's higher category grades was in the category of short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B. It actually fared better than most facilities in this category. In our short-term care category, we attempt to craft a sound measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. One of this nursing home's strengths is physical therapy hours. We found that it offers more hours with physical therapists to its residents than most facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. It performed respectably with 45.2 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. When calculating our nursing grades, we look at both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 3.1 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, we also factored a few quality measures into our nursing scores. This place was subpar in a few of the major areas we look at, with below average scores for minimizing its patients' pressure ulcers and major falls. These areas are usually decent indicators of the quality of nursing care available.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, which ended up being this facility's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in that area. Unfortunately, this grade hurt the facility's overall grade to some degree. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.85057 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.89 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 9.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 3.6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients that have had falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 3.11% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 15.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 20.09% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 3.01% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 90.67% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 14.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 22.6% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many believe that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 1.55 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 22.6 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 13.44 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Capstone Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Prisma Health Baptist Easley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away200 Fleetwood Drive Easley South Carolina 29640Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 442-7606
- Cannon Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.49 miles away123 W G Acker Drive Pickens South Carolina 29671Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 878-4791
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Prisma Health Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away741 South East Main Street Simpsonville South Carolina 29681Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 454-6100
- Pelham Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.11 miles away250 Westmoreland Road Greer South Carolina 29651Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Prisma Health Greer Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.19 miles away830 South Buncombe Road Greer South Carolina 29650Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 848-8200
- Dsi Greenville, LLC2.03 miles away121 Commerce Blvd Easley South Carolina 29642Dialysis Stations: 4 (864) 859-7902
- Dsi Easley Renal Center4.65 miles away125 Whitmire Road Easley South Carolina 29640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (864) 855-6208
- Dsi Greenville Renal Center7.22 miles away1004 Grove Road Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (864) 242-0802
- Upstate Dialysis Center7.98 miles away308 Mills Ave Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (864) 271-3700
- Greenville Dialysis Clinic, LLC8.41 miles away220-a Howe Street Greenville South Carolina 29601Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 271-2002
- Rcg Greenville Dialysis Center8.97 miles away297 Pete Hollis Blvd. Greenville South Carolina 29601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 232-9456
- Dsi Home Dialysis Pleasantburg9.61 miles away110 Chalmers Road, Suite D Greenville South Carolina 29605Dialysis Stations: 3 (864) 558-2375
- Dsi Pleasantburg Dialysis9.61 miles away110 Chalmers Dr Ste C Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (864) 558-2365