Powdersville Post Acute is a small nursing home in Easley, South Carolina. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is an elite score. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. Keep reading to see this facility's category scores, which are also impressive. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Powdersville Post Acute
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Easley senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this facility earned an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can offer a nursing home. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Powdersville Post Acute?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It performed better than most facilities in this category. With our short-term care score, we seek to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B. Although this is its worst category score, this is nevertheless an above average rating. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 93.00699 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is a bit lower than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Powdersville Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Powdersville Post Acute, 4.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Powdersville Post Acute, 2.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Powdersville Post Acute, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who experienced a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Powdersville Post Acute, 28.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Powdersville Post Acute, 24.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Powdersville Post Acute, 0% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Powdersville Post Acute, 92.93% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Powdersville Post Acute, 21.55% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Powdersville Post Acute, 28.08% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Powdersville Post Acute, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Powdersville Post Acute, 28.08% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Powdersville Post Acute, 10.5% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Powdersville Post Acute, 79.98% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Prisma Health Baptist Easley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away200 Fleetwood Drive Easley South Carolina 29640Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 442-7606
- Cannon Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.49 miles away123 W G Acker Drive Pickens South Carolina 29671Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 878-4791
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Prisma Health Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away741 South East Main Street Simpsonville South Carolina 29681Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 454-6100
- Pelham Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.11 miles away250 Westmoreland Road Greer South Carolina 29651Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Prisma Health Greer Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.19 miles away830 South Buncombe Road Greer South Carolina 29650Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 848-8200
- Dsi Greenville, LLC2.03 miles away121 Commerce Blvd Easley South Carolina 29642Dialysis Stations: 4 (864) 859-7902
- Dsi Easley Renal Center4.65 miles away125 Whitmire Road Easley South Carolina 29640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (864) 855-6208
- Dsi Greenville Renal Center7.22 miles away1004 Grove Road Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (864) 242-0802
- Upstate Dialysis Center7.98 miles away308 Mills Ave Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (864) 271-3700
- Greenville Dialysis Clinic, LLC8.41 miles away220-a Howe Street Greenville South Carolina 29601Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 271-2002
- Rcg Greenville Dialysis Center8.97 miles away297 Pete Hollis Blvd. Greenville South Carolina 29601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 232-9456
- Dsi Home Dialysis Pleasantburg9.61 miles away110 Chalmers Road, Suite D Greenville South Carolina 29605Dialysis Stations: 3 (864) 558-2375
- Dsi Pleasantburg Dialysis9.61 miles away110 Chalmers Dr Ste C Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (864) 558-2365