With an address in North Lima, Ohio, Caprice Health Care Center is one of a mere three available facilities in the city. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road rating. You could definitely do worse than this facility. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Caprice Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given its second highest category grade in the area of long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in this category, which is a decent score. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's personal care rather than the highly skilled therapy or healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average datapoint. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Caprice Health Care Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. When calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the number of hours nurses spend with residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This place provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics. While this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this subcategory. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a resident more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest category was short-term care, which is the last area we scored. We gave it an F for this category. In spite of multiple decent grades in other categories, this grade is nevertheless alarming so we would like to to draw your attention to it. Our short-term care scores are critical for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. With its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this place is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caprice Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caprice Health Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caprice Health Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caprice Health Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caprice Health Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caprice Health Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caprice Health Care Center, 20% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caprice Health Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Caprice Health Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Caprice Health Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Caprice Health Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Caprice Health Care Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Caprice Health Care Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.67 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 16.29 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.03 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.75 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 19.36 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Fmc - North Lima0.09 miles away9174 Market Street North Lima Ohio 44452Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 729-9061
- Cdc Home Care (Youngstown), Ltd.1.28 miles away807 Southwestern Run Youngstown Ohio 44514Dialysis Stations: 2 (330) 758-0995
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis2.76 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC3.32 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.3.67 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg5.81 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc- Austintown9.2 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150
- Fmc - Youngstown9.22 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860