With an address in North Lima, Ohio, Caprice Health Care Center is one of a mere three available facilities in the city. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road rating. This grade is right in line with the city grade in North Lima, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. The best part of this nursing home's report card was its remarkable inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Caprice Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
9184 Market St,
North Lima OH 44452
85.46% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given its second highest category grade in the area of long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in this category, which is a decent score. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's personal care rather than the highly skilled therapy or healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average datapoint. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Caprice Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second least favorable category is short-term care, where it earned a grade of just D in that category. This is a well below average score. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. With its score in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this facility was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the data we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected here. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5 percent of its patients returning home.
The next category we rated is nursing, which was this facility's least impressive category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in that area. There are many subcategories within this category. Most of the data points are tied to nurse staffing. With a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Caprice Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Caprice Health Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Caprice Health Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Caprice Health Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Caprice Health Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Caprice Health Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Caprice Health Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Caprice Health Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Caprice Health Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Caprice Health Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
In Caprice Health Care Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Caprice Health Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Caprice Health Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Caprice Health Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.67 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 16.29 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.03 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.75 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 19.36 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Fmc - North Lima0.09 miles away9174 Market Street North Lima Ohio 44452Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 729-9061
- Cdc Home Care (Youngstown), Ltd.1.28 miles away807 Southwestern Run Youngstown Ohio 44514Dialysis Stations: 2 (330) 758-0995
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis2.76 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC3.32 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.3.67 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg5.81 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc- Austintown9.2 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150
- Fmc - Youngstown9.22 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860