Capri Gardens is an average-sized facility in Lewis Center, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a solid facility. As far as we can see, this place looks like a solid choice for most people. The best part of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lewis Center senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection grades are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. It does not appear that we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without having access to deficiency data for this facility, it ended up being challenging to fully grade it in the area of inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category scores was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 89.49275 percent of its residents. This is a bit below what we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Capri Gardens?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. We weighed the qualifications of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses spent with patients, in computing our score in this area. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, although this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
Our next area is short-term care, where we awarded this facility a C in this area. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Capri Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Capri Gardens, 6.25% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Capri Gardens, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Capri Gardens, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have had a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Capri Gardens, 8.71% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Capri Gardens, 15.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Capri Gardens, 46.85% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Capri Gardens, 94.75% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Capri Gardens, 9.87% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Capri Gardens, 6.63% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Some argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Capri Gardens, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Capri Gardens, 6.63% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Capri Gardens, 11.13% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Capri Gardens, 81.36% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away561 West Central Avenue Delaware Ohio 43015Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 368-5145
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 16.39 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- u.s. Renal Care of Delaware5.79 miles away1788 Columbus Pike Delaware Ohio 43015Dialysis Stations: 12 (740) 369-4870
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis6.51 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis6.65 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734
- Kidney Center of Columbus North7.81 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC8.02 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Fmc - Delaware Dialysis8.91 miles away36 Troy Road Delaware Ohio 43015Dialysis Stations: 13 (740) 363-7171
- Davita - Canal Winchester8.97 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.9.13 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060