Capri Gardens is an average-sized facility in Lewis Center, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective residents. As far as we can see, this place is a solid choice for most people. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this area. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. It does not appear that we were able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without deficiency data for this nursing home, it ended up being challenging to really evaluate the place in the inspections category.
Adding to its strong performance in other categories, we gave this facility an B+ for nursing. Our nursing rating is mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Capri Gardens?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a favorable short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B in this area. Our short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care. We awarded this facility a decent grade in that area, with a B-. Even though this was not as strong as some of this nursing home's other scores, it is nevertheless not a bad grade. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 87.94326 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly less than the national average. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Capri Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Capri Gardens, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Capri Gardens, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Capri Gardens, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents which have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Capri Gardens, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Capri Gardens, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Capri Gardens, 20% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Capri Gardens, 90.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Capri Gardens, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Capri Gardens, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Capri Gardens, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Capri Gardens, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Capri Gardens, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Capri Gardens, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away561 West Central Avenue Delaware Ohio 43015Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 368-5145
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 16.39 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- u.s. Renal Care of Delaware5.79 miles away1788 Columbus Pike Delaware Ohio 43015Dialysis Stations: 12 (740) 369-4870
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis6.51 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis6.65 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734
- Kidney Center of Columbus North7.81 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC8.02 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Fmc - Delaware Dialysis8.91 miles away36 Troy Road Delaware Ohio 43015Dialysis Stations: 13 (740) 363-7171
- Davita - Canal Winchester8.97 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.9.13 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060