Capitol View Transitional Care Center is in Saint Paul, Minnesota, which is among the largest cities in the nation. Featuring an overall score of A+, this facility is without a doubt a world class nursing home. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong with this nursing home. This facility was also given strong scores in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Capitol View Transitional Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
640 Jackson Street,
Saint Paul MN 55101
74.06% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. We were not able to locate deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Remarkably, this nursing home provides about 50% more services from physical therapists and registered nurses than most nursing homes we looked at. This is a very favorable sign. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the country in this area with 65.8 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Capitol View Transitional Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, we gave this facility a grade of A for its long-term care grade. This is a very impressive rating. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the final category we looked at, this facility was awarded a very favorable grade of A in our nursing category. With this score, the facility finished off a straight A profile. When calculating our nursing ratings, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This place provided 7 hours of nursing care per patient each day, which is among the higher totals in the country. A significant percentage of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the most highly skilled levels of nurses. We were very impressed by these statistics. In addition to providing high levels of nursing care, this place also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed as well as any nursing home in Minnesota in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Capitol View Transitional Care Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Capitol View Transitional Care Center, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Capitol View Transitional Care Center, 76.23% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 24 other nursing homes
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 8.12 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.71 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita0.45 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita0.45 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Capitol Home Program of Davita - Hemo Unit0.45 miles away555 Park Street Suite 210, Hemo Unit Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 4 (651) 221-0896
- Davita Phalen Dialysis1.53 miles away863 Arcade St Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 776-0466
- Fmc Dialysis Services of St Paul2.67 miles away445 Etna Street Suite 60 Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 251-3847
- Fmc Dialysis - Roseville3.35 miles away2045 Rice St Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 489-3312
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita3.42 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita3.43 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139