Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility located in Little Rock, Arkansas. This is a subpar facility, with an overall grade of D. Based on our assessment, this nursing home may not be a great fit for most prospective residents. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong nursing score. You can scroll down to find out about nursing and other category grades
Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1516 South Cumberland St,
Little Rock AR 72202
51.08% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't give this nursing home a good overall grade, we actually gave it a very strong grade in the area of nursing, where it earned a B. This is better than most nursing homes in this area. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its second best category score in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in this area, which is a decent score. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most important for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its third highest category score in the category of long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of C in this area, which is an acceptable grade. In the area of long-term care, we focus on the amount of care offered by a nursing home, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility vaccinated 97.510376 percent of its residents, which is an above average total. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Unfortunately, this nursing home did not receive a favorable inspection rating. We gave it a just D in this category. Inspection grades relate to a facility's government inspection reports. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed one category J or K deficiency, which are among the worst deficiencies. Finally, this facility also received 17 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have experienced urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.07% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 95.87% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Capital Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 1.37 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.11 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 7.74 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- North Metro Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away1400 Braden Street Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Proprietary(501) 985-7000
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis1.53 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813
- Fmcna - East Little Rock3.58 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Davita - North Little Rock Dialysis Ctr4.84 miles away4505 E Mccain Blvd North Little Rock Arkansas 72117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 945-2323
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis4.89 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis5.83 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC5.84 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC5.9 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis6.17 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123