Canyon Vista Post Acute is an average-sized facility located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Featuring an overall grade of B, we deemed this nursing home as one of the fifteen highest rated facilities facilities in the city. An overall grade in this range is a good indicator of a very good nursing home. Even in a city featuring 29 other nursing homes, this facility looks like a perfectly acceptable option. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Canyon Vista Post Acute
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Among its many impressive grades, this nursing home received an excellent nursing rating. We gave it a grade of B+ in that area. Nursing grades are primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Canyon Vista Post Acute?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this nursing home also received a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this area. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next category, this facility was awarded a decent long-term care score of C. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 97.57282 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Canyon Vista Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 10.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 1.75% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 17.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 3.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 77.28% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 14.36% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 22.51% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 22.51 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 9.79 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 68.33% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 28 other nursing homes
- Southern Hills Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away9300 West Sunset Rd Las Vegas Nevada 89148Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 880-2100
- Saint Rose Dominican Hospitals - San Martin CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.69 miles away8280 W Warm Springs Road Las Vegas Nevada 89113Voluntary non-profit - Church(702) 492-8509
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away5400 South Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89118Proprietary(702) 853-3000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 6.46 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 6.95 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- Southern Hills Dialysis Center (Dva)0.18 miles away9280 W Sunset Rd Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89148CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (702) 318-3167
- South Rainbow Dialysis (Fmc)2.61 miles away7040 W Sunset Rd Las Vegas Nevada 89113CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (702) 248-1807
- Liberty Dialysis - Las Vegas (Fmc)2.7 miles away6970 W Patrick Ln Ste 100b Las Vegas Nevada 89113CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (702) 247-6761
- Spring Valley Dialysis (Dva)4.85 miles away3855 S Jones Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89103CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (702) 248-0379
- West Sahara Dialysis (Fmc)5.22 miles away7710 West Sahara Ave Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (702) 243-2763
- Las Vegas Pediatric Dialysis (Dva)5.31 miles away7271 W Sahara Ave Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89117Dialysis Stations: 4 (702) 227-3049
- Summerlin Dialysis (Dva)6.7 miles away653 Town Center Dr Ste 70 Las Vegas Nevada 89144CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (702) 360-6908
- South Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)8.38 miles away2250 S Rancho Dr Ste 115 Las Vegas Nevada 89102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (702) 795-1771