Canyon Vista Post Acute is an average-sized facility located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is a good nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Las Vegas. Even in a city offering 29 other nursing homes, this facility should be a quality selection. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
Canyon Vista Post Acute
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6352 Medical Center Street,
Las Vegas NV 89148
93.58% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Top Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this facility performed well in our short-term care category. We awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Our short-term care scores are probably most meaningful for individuals in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A-. Nursing scores are primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Canyon Vista Post Acute?
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home really did not fare very well. Due to a poor grade of F in that category, this is clearly its worst area. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 96.77419 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Canyon Vista Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 9.74% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 1.97% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 2.27% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which have had a UTI. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 17.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 2.99% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 76.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 15.13% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 21.2% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 21.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Canyon Vista Post Acute, 68.66% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 28 other nursing homes
- Southern Hills Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away9300 West Sunset Rd Las Vegas Nevada 89148Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 880-2100
- Saint Rose Dominican Hospitals - San Martin CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.69 miles away8280 W Warm Springs Road Las Vegas Nevada 89113Voluntary non-profit - Church(702) 492-8509
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away5400 South Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89118Proprietary(702) 853-3000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 6.46 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 6.95 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- Southern Hills Dialysis Center (Dva)0.18 miles away9280 W Sunset Rd Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89148CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (702) 318-3167
- South Rainbow Dialysis (Fmc)2.61 miles away7040 W Sunset Rd Las Vegas Nevada 89113CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (702) 248-1807
- Liberty Dialysis - Las Vegas (Fmc)2.7 miles away6970 W Patrick Ln Ste 100b Las Vegas Nevada 89113CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (702) 247-6761
- Spring Valley Dialysis (Dva)4.85 miles away3855 S Jones Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89103CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (702) 248-0379
- West Sahara Dialysis (Fmc)5.22 miles away7710 West Sahara Ave Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (702) 243-2763
- Las Vegas Pediatric Dialysis (Dva)5.31 miles away7271 W Sahara Ave Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89117Dialysis Stations: 4 (702) 227-3049
- Summerlin Dialysis (Dva)6.7 miles away653 Town Center Dr Ste 70 Las Vegas Nevada 89144CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (702) 360-6908
- South Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)8.38 miles away2250 S Rancho Dr Ste 115 Las Vegas Nevada 89102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (702) 795-1771