Located in Weston, Massachusetts, Campion Health & Wellness is the sole nursing home we were able to find in the city. We awarded this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the country. Based on our analysis, you can't go wrong here. Keep reading to find this place's category scores, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Campion Health & Wellness
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Weston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing, where it earned a grade of A. There are a variety of datapoints included in this grade. Most of the factors reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. Inspection ratings are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's inspections. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Campion Health & Wellness?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care. Contributing to its impressive resume, this facility also excelled in that category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A for that area. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, this facility also was awarded a very strong long-term care score, with a grade of A. This finished off a straight A report card. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 90.4 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is a bit less than we were hoping for but still a respectable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Campion Health & Wellness Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Campion Health & Wellness, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Campion Health & Wellness, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Campion Health & Wellness, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered from urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Campion Health & Wellness, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Campion Health & Wellness, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Campion Health & Wellness, 2.48% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Campion Health & Wellness, 91.39% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Campion Health & Wellness, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Campion Health & Wellness, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Campion Health & Wellness, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Campion Health & Wellness, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham5.5 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Wellesley Dialysis5.92 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Dci Walden Pond6.56 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis8.31 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston8.32 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham8.75 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Davita Brookline Dialysis10.62 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794
- Kidney Center10.68 miles away888 Commonwealth Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 739-3000