Located in Weston, Massachusetts, Campion Health & Wellness is the sole nursing home we were able to find in the city. We awarded this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the country. Based on our analysis, you can't go wrong here. Keep reading to find this place's category scores, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Campion Health & Wellness
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a quality overall grade, this facility also earned excellent health inspections recently. We gave it one of our highest grades in that area, with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To add to its dominant performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care rating. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Campion Health & Wellness?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last area, we gave this facility a grade of A for its short-term care grade. This finished off a first-rate report card. With our short-term care rating, we seek to forge a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Campion Health & Wellness Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Campion Health & Wellness, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Campion Health & Wellness, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Campion Health & Wellness, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Campion Health & Wellness, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Campion Health & Wellness, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Campion Health & Wellness, 1.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Campion Health & Wellness, 91.63% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Campion Health & Wellness, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Campion Health & Wellness, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that mobility is important for residents' health.
In Campion Health & Wellness, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Campion Health & Wellness, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 8.36 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- St Elizabeth's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Proprietary(617) 789-3000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham5.5 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Wellesley Dialysis5.92 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Dci Walden Pond6.56 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis8.31 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston8.32 miles awayDialysis Unit - Ccp 7 736 Cambridge Street Brighton Massachusetts 02135Dialysis Stations: 17 (617) 789-2592
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham8.75 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Davita Brookline Dialysis10.62 miles away322 Washington Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (617) 734-7794
- Kidney Center10.68 miles away888 Commonwealth Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 739-3000