Camelot of Broussard is a facility located in Broussard, Louisiana, which has 12,297 people. Sporting an overall rating of B-, this is a decent nursing home. In our view, this facility would be a solid choice for quite a few people. Finally, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so we'll have to see if that has any effect on its grades in the coming year.
Camelot of Broussard
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
418 Albertson Parkway,
Broussard LA 70518
80.67% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Camelot of Broussard has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave it an A+. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, we awarded this nursing home a score of A in that area. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.48859 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, we looked at the facility's number of hospitalizations. While it had 2.34 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was middle of the road since it had some more complex patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Camelot of Broussard?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing score. In fact, we gave this nursing home a score of D. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 3.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is below the national average. To pair with its low totals in the area of nursing hours per patient, this place also didn't fare as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in computing our nursing grades. We looked at the percent of residents experiencing pressure ulcers and major falls. This place had more pressure ulcers and falls than the average nursing home. This could be a bad sign when you consider that many bed sores and falls are preventable with better nursing care. Unfortunately, these metrics pulled down this nursing home's nursing rating significantly.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category is short-term care, which is the final category we scored. In this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is typically a reliable assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 44.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Camelot of Broussard Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Camelot of Broussard, 9.91% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Camelot of Broussard, 3.5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Camelot of Broussard, 2.75% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Camelot of Broussard, 15.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Camelot of Broussard, 22.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Camelot of Broussard, 1.57% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Camelot of Broussard, 89.69% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Camelot of Broussard, 17.57% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Camelot of Broussard, 16.33% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Camelot of Broussard, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Camelot of Broussard, 16.33 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Camelot of Broussard, 12.99 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Camelot of Broussard, 64% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 11.33 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.73 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- Iberia Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.47 miles away2315 E Main Street New Iberia Louisiana 70562Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 364-0441
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis1.32 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - East Lafayette5.79 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette6.14 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - West Lafayette7.18 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Fmcna - North Lafayette7.86 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)8.34 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge10.54 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - Veterans Memorial13.53 miles away1820 Veterans Memorial Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Dialysis Stations: 17 (337) 898-1932