Camelot of Broussard is a large nursing home located in Broussard, Louisiana. With an overall rating of C, this is likely a decent facility. You could certainly do worse than this facility. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Camelot of Broussard
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Broussard senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its impeccable government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that area, with an A. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had favorable view of this facility's inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to note that this facility received impressive long-term care marks in this assessment. We gave them one of our more favorable grades in that category, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the facility's second best score. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.83721 percent of its patients, which is more than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Camelot of Broussard?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home wound up receiving a a very poor grade in our short-term care area. It was given an F in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is more often than not a solid assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Given its grade in this area, we were not stunned to discover that this place is well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the measures we looked at. Honestly, this was what we expected to find. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.1 percent of its patients returning home.
The next category we graded was nursing. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is an abysmal score. This is obviously a significant concern. When determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This facility provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Camelot of Broussard Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Camelot of Broussard, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Camelot of Broussard, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Camelot of Broussard, 2.69% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that have sustained UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Camelot of Broussard, 16.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Camelot of Broussard, 22.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Camelot of Broussard, 1.51% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Camelot of Broussard, 85.51% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Camelot of Broussard, 19.03% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Camelot of Broussard, 13.75% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Camelot of Broussard, 2.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Camelot of Broussard, 13.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Camelot of Broussard, 13.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Camelot of Broussard, 67.8% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 11.33 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Abbeville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.73 miles away118 N Hospital Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 893-5466
- Iberia Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.47 miles away2315 E Main Street New Iberia Louisiana 70562Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 364-0441
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis1.32 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - East Lafayette5.79 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette6.14 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - West Lafayette7.18 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Fmcna - North Lafayette7.86 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)8.34 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge10.54 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - Veterans Memorial13.53 miles away1820 Veterans Memorial Dr Abbeville Louisiana 70510Dialysis Stations: 17 (337) 898-1932