Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation is an average-sized facility located in Phoenix, Arizona. With an overall rating of B, this looks like a very respectable facility. Even with Phoenix having 24 other nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home looks like a perfectly acceptable choice. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section
Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4635 North 14th Street,
Phoenix AZ 85014
79.25% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality facility overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was given favorable long-term care scores this year. Indeed, we awarded it one of our better grades in that category, with a score of B. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Our nursing rating weighs several components, but the primary one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in our short-term care category, making this the facility's weakest grade. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.2 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 3.1% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 80.03% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 23 other nursing homes
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 2.73 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 3.14 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Phoenix Childrens Hospital- Dialysis Center2.01 miles away1920 E Cambridge Rd Ste 102 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 6 (602) 933-3220
- Central Phx Dialysis (Fmc)2.14 miles away3421 N 7th Ave Phoenix Arizona 85013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 274-2293
- Arcadia Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.16 miles away4021 N. 30th Street Phoenix Arizona 85016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (602) 957-2142
- Pediatric Dialysis Center of Phoenix LLC2.3 miles away2545 East Thomas Road Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 2 (602) 957-1648
- Evergreen Park Dialysis2.73 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418
- Maricopa Medical Ctr - Dialysis3.6 miles away2525 E Roosevelt St Phoenix Arizona 85008CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (602) 344-1601
- Papago Dialysis (Dva)3.93 miles away5115 East Thomas, Suite #115 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 956-1831
- South Phoenix Dialysis Services (Fmc)4.96 miles away1021 S 7th Ave Ste 108 Phoenix Arizona 85007CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (602) 253-1954