Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation is an average-sized facility located in Phoenix, Arizona. With an overall rating of B, this looks like a very respectable facility. Even with Phoenix having 23 other nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home looks like a perfectly acceptable choice. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also earned first-rate government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher grades in that category, with an A. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's quality category scores came in the area of long-term care. We gave them one of our stronger scores in that category, with a score of B. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. In calculating our nursing ratings, we look at both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was short-term care. We gave this facility a C in that category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is frequently a meaningful measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 2.87% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 81.19% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Camelback Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 22 other nursing homes
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 2.73 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 3.14 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Phoenix Childrens Hospital- Dialysis Center2.01 miles away1920 E Cambridge Rd Ste 102 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 6 (602) 933-3220
- Central Phx Dialysis (Fmc)2.14 miles away3421 N 7th Ave Phoenix Arizona 85013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 274-2293
- Arcadia Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.16 miles away4021 N. 30th Street Phoenix Arizona 85016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (602) 957-2142
- Pediatric Dialysis Center of Phoenix LLC2.3 miles away2545 East Thomas Road Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 2 (602) 957-1648
- Evergreen Park Dialysis2.73 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418
- Maricopa Medical Ctr - Dialysis3.6 miles away2525 E Roosevelt St Phoenix Arizona 85008CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (602) 344-1601
- Papago Dialysis (Dva)3.93 miles away5115 East Thomas, Suite #115 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 956-1831
- South Phoenix Dialysis Services (Fmc)4.96 miles away1021 S 7th Ave Ste 108 Phoenix Arizona 85007CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (602) 253-1954