Camden Postacute Care is a senior living facility in Campbell, California. This city has a total of 45,260 people. Sporting an overall score of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. This facility has a few things working in its favor. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Camden Postacute Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Campbell senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in the area of health inspections. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a B+. It actually outperformed most facilities in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Building on this facility's list of strengths, it also earned an excellent nursing score. We gave them an impressive grade of B- in this area. Our nursing score is primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Camden Postacute Care?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at was long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a decent grade of B-. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. This nursing home was awarded a grade of C in the category. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Camden Postacute Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Camden Postacute Care, 5.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Camden Postacute Care, 1.64% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients which had a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Camden Postacute Care, 1.15% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Camden Postacute Care, 4.58% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Camden Postacute Care, 18.97% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Camden Postacute Care, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Camden Postacute Care, 100% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Camden Postacute Care, 5.39% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Camden Postacute Care, 6.92% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Camden Postacute Care, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Camden Postacute Care, 6.92% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Camden Postacute Care, 73.66% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 5.7 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 8.32 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Fmc Los Gatos0.82 miles away14651 South Bascom Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (408) 358-3791
- Los Gatos Dialysis Center1.13 miles away14251 Winchester Blvd Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 370-6756
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC2.56 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose3 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center3.31 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Satellite Dialysis Los Gatos3.32 miles away53 Los Gatos Saratoga Road Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 17 (408) 458-4460
- Satellite Healthcare Blossom Valley3.37 miles away1450 Kooser Road San Jose California 95118Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 440-3260
- Cornerhouse Dialysis Center4.13 miles away2005 Naglee Avenue San Jose California 95128Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 998-0183