Camden Postacute Care is a senior living facility in Campbell, California. This city has a total of 45,260 people. Sporting an overall score of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. This facility has a few things working in its favor. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Camden Postacute Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in the area of health inspections. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Building on this facility's list of strengths, it also earned an excellent nursing score. We gave them an impressive grade of B- in this area. Our nursing score is primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Camden Postacute Care?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at was short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a decent grade of C. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. It offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care, was this facility's least impressive area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this area. For patients in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Camden Postacute Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Camden Postacute Care, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Camden Postacute Care, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Camden Postacute Care, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Camden Postacute Care, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Camden Postacute Care, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Camden Postacute Care, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Camden Postacute Care, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Camden Postacute Care, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Camden Postacute Care, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Camden Postacute Care, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Camden Postacute Care, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Camden Postacute Care, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Camden Postacute Care, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 5.7 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 8.32 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Fmc Los Gatos0.82 miles away14651 South Bascom Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (408) 358-3791
- Los Gatos Dialysis Center1.13 miles away14251 Winchester Blvd Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 370-6756
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC2.56 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose3 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center3.31 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Satellite Dialysis Los Gatos3.32 miles away53 Los Gatos Saratoga Road Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 17 (408) 458-4460
- Satellite Healthcare Blossom Valley3.37 miles away1450 Kooser Road San Jose California 95118Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 440-3260
- Cornerhouse Dialysis Center4.13 miles away2005 Naglee Avenue San Jose California 95128Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 998-0183