Cambridge South Healthcare Center is located in Franklin, Michigan. We gave this facility a rock bottom overall rating based on the data we assessed. This place didn't have much going for it. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cambridge South Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Cambridge South Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Franklin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Cardiac Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this nursing home extremely poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in this category. In calculating our nursing grades, we assess both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Incredibly, we gave this nursing home a grade of C for our short-term care score, which is not a bad grade. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge South Healthcare Center?
Unfortunately, this facility received a lowly F for its inspection rating. You should pay special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection grade. We would pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was hit with 8 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a threat to resident safety or health. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this facility didn't perform very well here either. With a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 96.47577 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge South Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 7.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 1.76% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 0.93% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 10.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 2.04% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 96.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 5.82% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 3.94% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 3.94% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 11.04% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cambridge South Healthcare Center, 65.15% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 1.66 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 9.05 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Davita - Starrwood Dialysis1.94 miles away3425 Starr Rd Ste B Royal Oak Michigan 48073Dialysis Stations: 17 (248) 549-0208
- Nw Detroit Dialysis - Lahser Satellite2.35 miles away25664 Lahser Road Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 358-7521
- Michigan Metropolitan Dialysis, l.l.c.2.63 miles away2361 Coolidge Hwy Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 1 (248) 336-0336
- Southeast Michigan Kidney Center2.68 miles away1695 W 12 Mile Rd, Suite 250 Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 2 (248) 414-5200
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC2.84 miles away2624 11 Mile Rd Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 28 (248) 543-7005
- Davita Oak Park Dialysis3.27 miles away13481 W 10 Mile Rd Parkswoods Plaza Oak Park Michigan 48237Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 582-9750
- Cornerstone Dialysis of Davita3.75 miles away23857 Greenfield Rd Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (248) 569-6111
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.3 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777