Cambridge Place is a nursing home in Lexington, Kentucky which has a population of 296,965 people. With an A- overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. We couldn't find many negative things to say about this facility. Its grades are impeccable. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lexington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a top notch facility overall, this place also performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to alert you to the fact that this nursing home was given a superb score of A in our long-term care category. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.71795 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge Place?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care, in which this facility was awarded a B. While this is its worst category score, this is still an above average grade. In computing our short-term care scores, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is more often than not a reliable measure of the facility's rehabilitation. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge Place, 2.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge Place, 2.24% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge Place, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge Place, 22.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge Place, 19.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge Place, 4.56% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge Place, 97.75% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge Place, 12.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge Place, 9.45% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Cambridge Place, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge Place, 9.45% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cambridge Place, 0% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Lexington, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lexington, Kentucky has 6 other nursing homes
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 9.48 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Dci - Lexington1.97 miles away100 Venture Court Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 32 (859) 252-7712
- Dci - South Lexington3.08 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training3.09 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East5.15 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Fmc - Lexington North5.63 miles away1610 Leestown Rd., Suite 180 Lexington Kentucky 40511Dialysis Stations: 25 (859) 254-0671
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest6.59 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program6.73 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis6.97 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775