Citadel Of Skokie is one of five nursing homes located in Skokie, Illinois. This nursing home proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. You could certainly do worse than this place. This facility didn't excel in all of our categories, but it didn't receive any rock-bottom grades either. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Citadel Of Skokie
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall score, we gave this facility an A for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than its overall rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a middle of the pack grade in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of C. In determining our long-term care scores, we size up the personal care offered to the nursing home's residents. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this nursing home vaccinated only 87.982834 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Citadel Of Skokie ?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a C. Short-term care grades are commonly used to judge a facility's rehabilitation services To offer highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The last item we considered in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The last category we scored was nursing, which turned out to be this facility's least impressive area. We gave this nursing home a D in this area. In computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This statistic is quite a bit below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Citadel Of Skokie Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Citadel Of Skokie , 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Citadel Of Skokie , 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which have sustained falls leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Citadel Of Skokie , 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients which had UTI's. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Citadel Of Skokie , 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Citadel Of Skokie , 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Citadel Of Skokie , 29.8% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Citadel Of Skokie , 87.49% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Citadel Of Skokie , 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Citadel Of Skokie , 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Citadel Of Skokie , 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Citadel Of Skokie , 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Citadel Of Skokie , 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Citadel Of Skokie , 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Skokie, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Skokie, Illinois has 4 other nursing homes
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 7.59 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis0.93 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston1.44 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center2.44 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC2.93 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis3.34 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.84 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Fmc - Niles4.67 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Glen Dialysis4.93 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574