Cambridge North Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Clawson, Michigan. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. As far as we can see, you'd be better off to steer clear of this nursing home. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cambridge North Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Cambridge North Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Clawson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though this nursing home's overall grade was abysmal, it didn't perform terribly in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of C for that category, which isn't bad. That said, this wasn't enough to save its profile. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. We found that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. In fact, it supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this area. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this place's nurse staffing levels were far below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Cambridge North Healthcare Center?
Among this nursing home's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection rating. More often than not, this indicates we found some red flags on the nursing home's inspection reports. For nursing homes that received this poor of an inspection score, we would scrutinize the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility was hit with one category J through K deficiency, which are among the worst deficiencies. We are also concerned by the fact that this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this area, which is a poor score. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated just 68.68687 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cambridge North Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 10.92% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 2.02% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have suffered from UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 14.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 73.09% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 7.67% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 8.35% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 8.35% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 9.85% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cambridge North Healthcare Center, 70.79% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.67 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Greenfield Hs - Troy1.07 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Davita - Starrwood Dialysis2.38 miles away3425 Starr Rd Ste B Royal Oak Michigan 48073Dialysis Stations: 17 (248) 549-0208
- Southeast Michigan Kidney Center2.81 miles away1695 W 12 Mile Rd, Suite 250 Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 2 (248) 414-5200
- Davita Troy Dialysis3.32 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Michigan Metropolitan Dialysis, l.l.c.3.57 miles away2361 Coolidge Hwy Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 1 (248) 336-0336
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC3.86 miles away2624 11 Mile Rd Berkley Michigan 48072Dialysis Stations: 28 (248) 543-7005
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights4.85 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Davita Oak Park Dialysis5.1 miles away13481 W 10 Mile Rd Parkswoods Plaza Oak Park Michigan 48237Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 582-9750